The faithlessness here

by grissom6471 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I have the "assured expectation of things hoped for" that grissoms an idiot. And that his middle name is Goober.

Dismembered

Dismembered, I was thinking of the EXACT same scripture!! Faith is the ASSURED expectation......

Grissom..

We can back up our faith by facts, can you?? I challenge you to put your faith to the test?? What person could have more backbone then to try that?? You see, we HAVE had backbone to see if not only we hold up, but most importantly wether what we always believed to be the truth would hold up to the facts. If you have "the truth" then a honest examination will be only faith strengthening. I have a few questions for you to consider:

1. That God has an "organization" on earth- one of the kind here at issue- and uses a Governing Body to direct it? Where does the Bible make such statements??

2. That the heavenly hope is not open to anyone and everyone who will wmbrace it, that it has been replaced by an earthly hope (since 1935) and that Christ's words in connection with the emblematic bread and wine, " Do this in rememberance of me," do not apply to all persons putting faith in his ransom sacrafice? What scriptures make such statments??

3. That the "faithful and discreet slave" is a class composed of only certain individuals, and that it operates through a Governing Body? Again, where does the Bible make such statements??

4. That Christians are seperated into two classes, with a different relationship to God and Christ, on the basis of an earthly or a heavenly destiny? Where is this said?

5. That the 144,000 in Revelation MUST be taken as a literal numner and that the "great crowd" does not and CANNOT refer to persons serving in God's heavenly courts? Where do we find those statements in the Bible??

6. That the "last days" began in 1914, and that when the apostle Peter (at Acts 2:17) spoke of the last days as applying from Pentecost on, he did not mean the same "last days" that Paul did at ( 2Timothy 3:1)? Where??

7. That the calendar year of 1914 was the time when Christ was first officially enthroned as King toward all the earth and that that calendar date marks the start of his parousia? Where??

8. That when the Bible at Hebrews 11:16 says that men such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were "reaching out for a better place, that is, one belonging to heaven," this could not POSSIBLY mean that they would not have a heavenly life? Where??

Not a single Society teaching here can be supported by any plain direct teaching of Scripture. Every single one would require intricate explanations, complex combinations of texts and, in some cases, what amounts to be mental gymnastics, in atttempt to support them. Yet these are being used to judge people's Christianity. These are being used to decided whether a person who has poured out their lives in service are apostates!! You may find more of these interesting points I have shared with you from our dear and loving brother in his book, Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. Now, I invite and even CHALLENGE you to show us your back bone and give us some scriptural support on these issues. As these are the reasons you have come here to cast stones at us.

Sincerely,
    Lady Liberty
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Sniper? No. Snipers are accurate shots.

Hand grenade? No. Hand grenades do real damage.

How about................spit ball?

• KW13
    KW13

For the benefit of everyone here.

[email protected]

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Many of us have retained our faith separate to the WTS.

Grissom, it's unsavvy for you to be here (look up meaning) if you wish.

Witchettygrub

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ah thanks kid, you make me laugh. Now go do your homework.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

What does any of the dates of the kings have to do with
    being one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Lady Liberty, you keep saying "Where does the Bible say that"? as if

the bible came right out and said it the way you wanted, you would comply?

I don't think so. You just use that for excuses.

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is not about facts and figures and
    dates and such. It is about being united in worship of the
    only true God.

It seems that only people here can call names.

What really is stupid is that people use these forums and
    they don't work. The messages do not quote and the
    replies do not post.

And some say that I don't know what I am talking about.

Hello.

I have many talks from various people in the organization from
    the governing body to other Bethel speakers and assemblies and
    district and circuit overseers. That is what Jehovah's Witnesses
    are about. Not - the Watchtower said this in 1920's or this Rutherford
    book said that, or this elder said or did this or the UN thing.

All this anti-watchtower stuff is nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses or being one of
    Jehovah's Witnesses. That is not what is taught.

You are like looking at Tom DeLaay and his charges and concluding that
    is what America is about. Noooo. The USA is about the constitution
    and what people do, even the government and police, do not change that.

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

For the benefit of everyone here.

[email protected] Yes, email me please. That seems the only way to at least get some faith to some people here.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Grissom:

What exists here is a complete lack of faith in anything

.What do you know about that? There are many people here that have faith in all sorts of things. Some have faith in God (no, not the JW-god). I have faith in universal morals, I believe in right and wrong. What do you have faith in? A desert-God invented by the WTS named Jehovah? (there never was such a God as "Jehovah", that name is a 13th-century invention/misreading of the tetragrammation. His real name was Yahweh or Yahu").

It is a shame that people are here portraying themselves as Jehovah's Witness as having some knowlege or going to meetings

I was raised in what you refer to as "the Truth". I spent the first 17 years of my life in the KH, in field service, at conventions (our summer "vacations", ha ha), doing all the things that you do. There are others here that have spent their entire lives in "the Truth". Who the f##k do you think you are, coming on here and boldly stating that people here lack knowledge? I probably know more about your religion than you do yourself, partly because I am not afraid of looking at what was doctrine 20, 40, 90 years ago. And I am not afraid of askin myself "why did the Truth change"?

Can all people do here is complain? No one has any backbone anyway.

People here have stood up against the abuse they experienced thru many years as JWs, or children of JWs. There are people here that have been physically, mentally and/or sexually molested. They stood up against that, and broke away. While you, on the other hand, spend countless hours a week sitting at the KH, listening to some old retard regurgitating the same old speeches he has held for the last 30 years, and spending you Saturdays out in field, knocking on doors to make money for the WatchTower. Without getting anything back, except for the hope of a future paradise erath which is never coming.

I wonder who has no backbone.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    What does any of the dates of the kings have to do with being one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Um, only the fact that without clear evidence for 607 BC, 1914 was just another year. In which case, the Faithful and Discreet Slave was never chosen. Are you really a JW?

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is not about facts and figures and dates and such. It is about being united in worship of the only true God.

Woo-boy, did you ever say a mouthful there. I agree with your statement of what it is not about. However, I take issue with what you say it is about. I would rephrase that as, "It is about pretending to be united in the worship prescribed by a group of men God never chose."

Watchtower August 1, 2001, p. 14 8 First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.—Matthew 24:45.

And I can prove he never chose them. The Watchtower is Jehovah's Witnesses "Constitution", and what they do is unscripturally judge each other as undeserving of even familial affection and shun each other without any more cause than an announcement from the platform.

You see what you want to see and ignore the rest. Have fun with that.

AuldSoul

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I see we have a mind-reader in our midst - welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit