The faithlessness here

by grissom6471 75 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

If it's faith in the bible, Then,, I think 1 Timothy 5 : 8 would apply in my situation

1 Timothy 5 : 8 - Certianly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith

• juni
    juni
    read thru this fella's post history since dec. 05. not gonna waste my time.

You're right Candi. And Ozzie too. Hit and Run.

Why is this guy/gal here anyway???? Hope he/she feels righteous getting it off his/her chest.

Juni

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    so why are you here?

My question as well... how would the elders in your hall feel if they knew that you not only read posts here but also posted yourself?

• juni
    juni

Pioneering? and needs the hours?

Juni

• acadian
    acadian

Griss sounds like a,

Hypocrite!

Griss you are an invertebrate!

Prove us wrong Griss.

Where are you Griss?

Helloooo....

The lights are on, but nobody's home?

Where's your backbone you invertebrate...?

Come on... play with us...

Are you afraid Griss.... you might learn something?

LOL..!!!

Acadian ~~~ of the vertebrate class ~~~

• Terry
    Terry

cut and pasted from another thread:

Each of us has choices in life.

We look at our choices and select the ones that better our condition.

Every time we choose we UNchoose the alternative choice. In other words, we give something up.

When people (such as myself) first made our choices about what to believe about God, the bible and morality we were making the best possible

selections and decisions we could make given our level of education, maturity and familiarity with those subjects.

Years pass. You have new experiences. You filter your experiences and new information about your initial knowledge.

If you are intellectually honest you make revisions, updates and amendments in your world view to conform to reality.

At some point in each person's life they face an AWFUL CHOICE. INTEGRITY or COMFORT?

Suddenly we see a cherished belief deflated. Debunked. Challenged by evidence to the contrary.

A new choice is required: "loyalty" to false idea which makes us emotionally reassured or integrity which makes us change our view and go in a new direction.

You cannot fake reality. If you try you destroy the rational basis for thinking itself. You decend into a make-believe vision of ideals.

Faith is an opinion with deep emotional roots.

Faith requires us to assume facts not in evidence.

Faith rests on desire. It clings to the shadows of hear-say.

Jehovah's Witnesses (if they have been paying attention) have seen the prophecies of the Watchtower and faithful and discreet slave proved FALSE.

The question becomes this: do we cling to "loyalty" for a false prophet or do we have the morality and integrity to leave even if it means we will be on our own?

Thinking for themselves

is not a Jehovah's Witnesses strength!

Having the rational basis of your mind eroded by obedience to mere opinion is crippling. But, integrity and morality and intellectual honesty demand you abandon a LIE (no matter how beautiful).

• Terry
    Terry

Honesty, that was one fine post!

I don't know if anybody read it or not--but, I did.

Thanks!

• Warlock
    Warlock

HEY GRISSOM:

I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT THE FINE CHRISTIAN LOVE FOUND IN MANY OF THE CONGREGATIONS AND THE FINE UPBUILDING SPEECH HAS FINALLY FOUND IT'S WAY, THRU YOU, OF COURSE, TO JWD.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I'M HAPPY TO SEE THAT WHAT I LEFT, IS STILL THERE.

THANKS FOR MAKING EVERYONE HERE FEEL BETTER. I'M SURE WE ARE ALL READY TO GO BACK TO THE MEETINGS NOW.

LOVE, WARLOCK

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Grissom is a "sniper" - perhaps feels that if he/she lobs a hand-grenade into JWD and then runs away, then he/she is not really "associating" with apostates.

Problem is - the hand-grenades are of extremely low quality, and not persuasive, and not based on intellectual reasoning, just childishly pissy.

The frequently used "Duh" as a debate tactic kind of says it all.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The frequently used "Duh" as a debate tactic kind of says it all.

That's a debate tactic?

And all this time I thought it was one of the Watchtower's main doctrines!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit