Guantanamo Bay Suicides - a PR Move

by eyeslice 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

"As far as giving somebody a pill, rope or gas oven, why don't we give it to you? I think the world would be a better place. I trust my Muslim neighbors more than I trust somebody like you. And no, I'm not a liberal dem. I'm a conservative." Thanks Robdar, I'm always interested in listening to the ravings of a complete lunatic. Very entertaining. Yeah, you're a conservative, you and Karl Marx. If you want to hear the ravings of a lunatic, all you have to do is record and listen back to your own voice. Yes, I am a conservative and I'm guessing you don't even know the meaning of the word "conservative", you redneck neo-con. I'm still waiting on that link. But you don't have one to give, do you?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Last I remember is that these guys are not politcal prisoners, they are military combatants from Poppy Land. They're where they belong. You'd think they'd be happy, after all they're in the Carribbean for cripes sakes.

Dismembered

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sorry for the double post folks

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Dismembered,

POW's, right? Prisoners of War?

That doesn't mean they are combatants. Many of these people were taken from their homes in the US without any due process of law and were not charged with anything, certainly not accused of being enemy combatants. Some of them have been held for four years on the excuse of intelligence gathering. Any information they had is surely useless by now, if they ever had any to begin with. They are currently classed as non-combatant prisoners of war. What war? The War on Up. No, wait...it was the War on Pleasure. Nope, I got it this time...the War on Terror.

That's right. They were enemies, opposers of our war on concepts. In fact, they were so insidious they were opposing our war on concepts before we even declared war on concepts. Combatants? How can someone be an enemy combatant in a war against a concept?

I am really clueless how those who claim to be in favor of the rule of law (Republicans) can shove the law so far to the side so easily. I am actually in favor of the rule of law, I don't just pay lip service to the idea and get huge checks dumped in my already swollen coffers like Bush has done. Between a Democracy and a Republic, I would bet on the Republic any day for longevity and stability. But we don't live in a Democracy or a Republic, or even a Democratic Republic, anymore.

We live in an oligarchy, ruled over by the Executive Branch, a handful of Congressional Committees, and the Supreme Court.

The people in detained in Gitmo deserve due process of law, otherwise we prove we are bereft of the Rule of Law. But, hey, on the grand scale it is a minor issue to me. It always is until it is my rights being stripped but—fortunately for the ones who do the stripping—if a minority of the people are affected the majority doesn't care.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Uh.... Simon....

Double Edge

I'm getting sick of reading the tripe Militant Christianity propaganda that you trot out. Get a clue.

Guantanamo is just a deterrent most likely those people there have done nothing wrong, but their detention sends a message to jihadic al qaida soldiers that they could end up there if they try to carry out war acts against the West.
    I think the only message it sends is that America is a nation of hypocrisy - all grandiose words and claims but fundamentally SHIT like the rest.
    You might want to look at the author of that quote again.... it wasn't me.

Double Edge

• Robdar
    Robdar

"As far as giving somebody a pill, rope or gas oven, why don't we give it to you? I think the world would be a better place. I trust my Muslim neighbors more than I trust somebody like you. And no, I'm not a liberal dem. I'm a conservative." Thanks Robdar, I'm always interested in listening to the ravings of a complete lunatic. Very entertaining. Yeah, you're a conservative, you and Karl Marx. So, let me see if I have gotten your convoluted thinking figured out: If you say the above about the Muslims, you're a good, decent, gawd fearing, 'merican. If I say it to you, I'm in league with Karl Marx. LOLOLOL. Talk about hypocrites. You certainly should know. You redneck neo-con. Here's your quote again for posterity:

Who cares if the murderous scum kill themselves? Give them the pill or the rope or a gas oven or whatever it takes. The world will be a better place. As far as the hell of Guantanamo goes, most of the prisoners that have been released said it was a great place. The "hellhole" is pure lefty propaganda.

Where's that link quoting the released prisoners as saying that Guantanamo was a great place? Still waiting....

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings AuldSoul,

http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed062605a.cfm

The reason for my post. With all due respect, Dismembered

• RachelHall
    RachelHall
    Believe me, they're fine.
    If you say so.

Take my word for it....THEY ARE FINE! I know a few Cubans living in Cuba who wish they were in Guantanamo PRISON

• kristyann
    kristyann

Hey "Kid-A",

<< I notice the only pro-gitmo comments seem to be coming from angry, white retirees who consider Fox news and Bill O'Reilly an accurate source of information, or bubble-headed blond cheerleaders. >>

Nice use of Ad hominem. In case you're unsure...

"

An ad hominem argument , also known as argumentum ad hominem ( Latin , literally "argument against the person") or attacking the messenger, involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is usually, though not always, a logical fallacy (see Validity below)."

I didn't know that because someone was young, blonde, female, and attractive, it meant that they were "bubble-headed" and a cheerleader. That is news to me. That sounds like an extremely prejudicial statement to me. I thought Democrats were such fans of tolerance, and didn't like to stereotype anyone. Apparently it's okay to stereotype someone based on the color of their hair, though. Obviously if someone has blonde hair, it means they are a cheerleader. (And even if someone were a cheerleader, what would that, in your prejudiced mind, imply about them?)

Why would you assume that that other guy is a white retiree? That sounds pretty racist to me. And who cares if he is a white retiree? Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

So if we are judging people based on the fact that they have blonde hair, should we also judge people based on the fact that they have red hair? How about gray hair? Brown hair? If we judge someone based on the fact that we presume they are white (which we don't even know for sure), should we also judge someone based on the fact that they are Latino? How about Asian? How about Native American? How about African? How about Irish people? Polish people? Tall people? Short people? People with big noses? People with green eyes?

It's funny that your argument has been the most ridiculous, intolerant one of anyone's. Instead of actually arguing something based on the facts or some kind of logic, you make prejudiced and racist statements in an attempt to discredit anything that they might have to say. That's the lazy way to go about doing something. Those kinds of comments say nothing about the people you directed them at... they say a whole lot more about you and your level of intelligence.

Trying to shut someone up by stereotyping them so you don't have to deal with an actual argument... sounds very typical of what the Watchtower does. (Label all apostates as evil, label every non-JW as stupid and hopeless, and then you don't have to deal with any actual facts.) I guess you retained what the Watchtower drilled into you quite nicely.

I guess I just can't believe that an adult would actually try to use someone's hair color as an argument. I feel like that belongs more in an elementary school cafeteria, with kids shouting "Na na na na na!" I also cannot believe that someone who supposedly prides himself on tolerance would be so ignorant and prejudiced. I guess that you're tolerant of everyone... everyone that is exactly like you.

(Also, when people started calling each other "morons" and "rednecks," I knew that this was not much of an adult conversation. I guess the name-calling just reminds me too much of the Watchtower and little children on the playground. Again, nice use of ad hominem. You should be extremely proud of yourself. You don't have to bother responding to me, as I will not be checking this thread again as I am so disgusted by the prejudice in it - it is also sad and yet I guess slightly amusing that in this day and age, people will use such prejudiced comments and stoop to such lows for lack of a better argument.)

• RachelHall
    RachelHall
    Where's that link quoting the released prisoners as saying that Guantanamo was a great place? Still waiting....

There is no reason the released prisoners will say Guantanamo is a great place even if it is! DUH!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit