Guantanamo Bay Suicides - a PR Move

by eyeslice 131 Replies latest jw friends

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

It will do you good to just go lay down and sleep it off...However, there is nothing I can do about your -HANGOVER- when you wake-up! LMAO

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

rachellball

your the worse kind of troll..because your boring ! lol

• Jourles
    Jourles

Where are those three men today? Jourles?

And your point is??

Yes. They were released. Which then begs the ultimate question -- Under what charges were they put there in the first place? Being terrorists? LMFAO!! According to the Bush administration(did you watch those trailers?), everyone sent to Gitmo were bad, bad men. These three admitted to not even being religious.

Is that really the best you can come up with? Keep trying Rachel. Your mind may open up someday.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    RH: We are not talking about innocent children here.....that has been discussed on another thread.

We also are not talking about guilty adults here. We are talking about imprisoned adults who have not been granted due process of law.

Their imprisonment was illegal. Even under the broadest interpretation of the law, this was a travesty of justice and an unconscionable overstepping of ethics. But you don't like facts, do you.

Here's a fact for you. I was recently in a State run mental health facility. I got to visit my wife on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday for one hour. I committed no crime to arrive in this circumstance, I was not asked whether I wanted to be in this circumstance, there was no discussion whether this was beneficial to my recovery or therapeutic for me. It was state mandated because I had a very good plan for killing myself.

Inside that facility I entertained myself by coming up with many other ways to kill myself by use of what was available; no intent mind you, it just seemed an ironic entertainment to pass the mindless tedium. I spent more days apart from my wife than I have spent at any other time during our 8 years of marriage.

I nearly beat up a clinician when I found out they were going to keep me two days longer than they originally planned. I wanted OUT. I don't give a damn how clean a facility is, those people in Gitmo are NOT cubans and they are NOT free and they have NOT been charged with anything. Their detention is unconscionable and there is no way you can give them back their children's youth, or their wife's smile for the years they have been detained. That time is lost. This is a blight on the US, it is an ugly, illegal, unethical boil on the butt of President George W. Bush.

So much for the President who will focus on America, untie our hands from foreign entanglements that prevent our use of our greatest national resource—the American worker, and would not engage in nation building. I remember a Governor once saying that. I was present to hear it, in person. What was his name? Oh yeah, George W. Bush.

AuldSoul

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

Auldsoul, I suggest you read Barry's post .....he makes more sense of why the prisoners are kept in Gitmo.

Anyway I am not a Bush fan..... but he did announce today that AuldSoul will get his wish for the Gitmo prisoners.

I am sorry about your trouble, I wish the very best for you and your future.

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

Hey Robdar!

Take this and fold it until all the corners are square and then shove it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guantanamo/story/0,13743,1163435,00.html

• Robdar
    Robdar

It took you long enough to supply the link but now that you did, let's look at it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guantanamo/story/0,13743,1163435,00.html

Naqibullah was interrogated every day at Bagram. "They kept asking me, 'Do you know the Taliban? Do you know al-Qaida? Have you given them shelter? Have you given them food?'," he said.

"I told them, 'I don't know these people, and I am too young to give anything to anyone without my father's authority'." After two weeks, Naqibullah said, he was asked whether he had any objection to being taken to "another place".

"I said, 'What can I do? You will take me wherever you want to'." That night, bound, blindfolded and fitted into orange overalls, he was loaded on to a cargo plane and flown non-stop to Cuba. Naqibullah's first 10 days in Guantanamo were the worst of his life, he said. He was put in a tiny cell with a single slit-window as his interrogation continued. Then everything changed. "I was taken to an American general who said, 'We will educate you and soon you will go home'. And my situation improved."

Naqibullah, Asadullah and Mohammed Ismail were moved into one large room, which was never locked. They were taught Pashto (their own language), English, Arabic, maths, science, art and, for two months, Islam. "The American soldiers ate pork but they said we must never do that because we were Muslim," said Naqibullah. "They were very strict about Islam."

The boys played football every day, and sometimes basketball and volleyball with their guards. Asadullah said his particular friends were called Special Sergeant M and Private O - their real names were kept from him. Officially, he was called Prisoner 912. "But my friends called me Asadullah, which made me happy."

The boys never spoke to Guantanamo's other prisoners - "lots of Arabs and Afghans," according Naqibullah....

Aw, excuse me while I wipe away my tears of joy. What a sweet story. Not a typical one though. You really believe that all the prisoners are treated that way? Of course you don't. You just want to continue your frothy, vitriolic rant while grasping at any straw you can to make your point.

In addition, just for your further enlightenment you might check on the status of the International Red Cross in Guantanamo. They have unfettered (look it up if the term confuses you) access to the prisoners in Guantanamo and they have no complaints, as in zero, none, nada about the way prisoners are treated there.

Link please.

Take this and fold it until all the corners are square and then shove it.

I'll be glad to shove it. Bend over and remove your head first.

• Robdar
    Robdar

You just want to froth at the mouth with your leftist, anti-Bush, anti-US garbage.

Ah, you've got me. This Pat Buchanan supporter is anti-Bush. And Anti "Bush America". If, to you, that means I'm a leftist, then that's what I am. And damn proud of it.

Kiss my leftist ass, neocon.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey Fang,

Check this out: I just did a random search using your criteria of Red Cross and Guantanamo. Why don't you get your head out of your ample neo-con ass and read what is really going on. If I'm anti-US leftist then so are these people:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3179858.stm

'Repugnant'

On Sunday a group including former American judges and military officials filed legal papers urging the US Supreme Court to intervene.

Don Guter, the US navy's judge advocate general until last year, said it was not acceptable simply to hold suspected al-Qaeda or Taleban members until the US war on terror was over.

The argument filed to the Supreme Court by Mr Guter and others said: "The lives of American military forces may well be endangered by the United States' failure to grant foreign prisoners in its custody the same rights that the United States insists be accorded to American prisoners held by foreigners."

That view was backed by ex-prisoners-of-war, some of whom told the Supreme Court they owed their lives to the fact that their captors abided by the Geneva conventions.

And let's not forget this link about what we did to our allies, the British while they were detained in Guantanamo:

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/08/05/1432259

Michael Ratner, from the Center for Constitutional Rights, outlines a new report on how three British detainees were tortured in U.S. detention. The men said they were beaten, shackled, photographed naked and in one incident questioned at gunpoint while in US custody.....

A Red Cross spokesperson told the Guardian "Some of the abuses alleged by the detainees would indeed constitute inhuman treatment." And that "Inhuman treatment constitutes a grave breach of the third Geneva convention and these are often also described as war crimes."

There's other links too. Do you want me to hook you up with some more truth?

Now go sit in the corner like a good doggie. Oh, and before you do, kiss my ass, neocon.

Robyn

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    I don't think Guantanamo is as much of a hell as some would like you to think

I dont think the conditions, good or bad, are the real point.

The real point is that they are being held indefinately, and without the prospect of a trial. This is wrong, even for the worst murderer. Everyone deserves a trail and a judgement, within a definite period of time.

An innocent person deserves a trial so that any injustice can be ended as quickly as possible. A guilty person deserves a trial so that justice can be done, and so that (if the person wants to) their debt to society can be paid.

A trial and judgement if FUNDAMENTAL to justice, even in the most BASIC and primitive society. I do not know where this concept of putting living human beings into a legal black hole has come from. It is the indefiniteness that will give people mental illness, not any bad or good treatment while they are there.

It is WICKED to leave any living person in limbo for years. I would support the death penalty rather than this. Something is better than nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit