WERE THERE ANY `YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS,MAN' moments in KH

by badboy 100 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Did something say something like that PO who said`cats represent the beast' so you shouldn't stroke them'

• jambon1
    jambon1

The famous - Jehovah shut the mouths of the lions so dont be afraid of dogs on the ministry! WTF

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have heard that shut the mouth of the lions quote a few times.

One of the oddest comments I ever heard was by a brother who said it was wrong to eat marzipan because it was used on Christmas cake, and he meant every word! One or two wouldn't eat turkey at any time of the year either, again because of the Christmas connection, and said so in the kh. Personally, I ate both.

• unique1
    unique1

Um, every time they said we shouldn't wear baggy pants. But then they would turn around and say, you shouldn't wear skin tight pants either. I was like WTF are we supposed to wear. You would think you would like baggy pants. They are much less revealing. All of my friends would laugh about the baggy pants comments. After an assembly you would hear them mentioned so many times in describing worldly people, you would have thought baggy pants were the devil.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I remember a brother giving a talk about music and said that we shouldn't listen to "Stone Temple Pilots".

I thought WTF!!. This guy has never listened to them and has no idea what kind of songs they sing. I think he was just going by the name.

I also had a brother tell me I couldn't play a certain video game because the a group in the game was named the "Dark Angels". He said that me they we demons. Yet this brother loved the music group Santana and I had to point out to him that they had a song title "Black Magic Woman". He never did get rid of the album.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I've posted this experience before, but it always comes up in threads like this one.

Back when I was a young teenager, all the teens listened to a certain rock station in San Diego. 101 KGB Rock FM. One of their DJ's was named Anita Rush. Well during some service meeting or watchtower study, the wife of the wealthiest elder in the hall made a little comment that hit the teenagers pretty hard for months to come. It seems that this sister got the idea(who knows where she got it from) that the DJ's name meant, "I need a rush." As soon as this comment left her lips, us teens looked around at each other with that WTF? look. Sure enough, that radio station was pretty much banned in the congo for several months. The only time we could listen to it was when we were driving alone. But even then, we had to make sure none of our presets were set on it. I remember one bro was grounded for a week because of his presets.

The whole thing was so damn silly when I reflect back on it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

How about the stories of those who where persecuted. I've heard a number of people say something to the effect like 'most people who where beaten for preaching the good news only remember the first few blows'. Hinting that God let them feel the first few hits to make sure they would be loyal, then took the pain away. None like to mention the fact that people could loose consciousness during such an attack.
    The 'angels' that looked like me who where behind two Sisters out in service and protected them from a predator they came across in the door to door work is a good one too.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

That was me with the cat maybe.

An Elder's wife screamed at her 4yo son when he was about to pet my cat (a nice cat) and reminded him that his Dad had told him that "the wild beast in the picture is a cat so we can't touch them"

Likewise the kid wanted to pet my parrot but Mom nixed that as well because "birds eat dead people".

She looked at me very accusingly when she said it as if I should know these things and agree I guess. They were at the house for a BBQ but the uncomfortable vibes were just pouring off them. The Elder suddenly remembered an "appointment", demanded his hamburger early, and they split.

Again, the folks in the first congo I was in are normal happy people, but even the PO of that congo told me that there are a bunch of screws loose in this bunch

• Confession
    Confession

Not long ago, during one of the last meetings I attended, the most Pharisaical elder in recent memory posed a question to the audience:

The Society tells us that children should be sitting with their parents at the convention. But until what age should they continue to do so?

Comment #1: Sixteen?

No...

Comment #2: Eighteen?

No... Remember the slave has stated that bringing up a child is "a twenty year job." So children should continue to sit with their parents right up until they are twenty-one years og age.

Braindead livestock, man.

• Confession
    Confession

Oh, and I've related this one before. A few years back we had a new, and incredibly fiery, little Circuit Overseer with a thick, New York accent. His name was Rene Pagan. Very nice offstage, but onstage? Often an angry, hotheaded, intense Guardian. He was always saying stuff that even the WTS would probably never have said in as many words.

Out of nowhere he started talking about oral sex and how unclean it was. He used to use these violent gestures, like pointing his finger like a knife and shooting it straight out like a weapon. (I know there's got to be some Freudian explanation.) While slicing backward and forward with his finger, he said...

"Any elder or ministerial servant discovered to be having oral sex with his wife will IMMEDIATELY be removed. That is a HOMOSEXUAL ACT!"

I remember thinking: Dude, it's been years since the WTS has gotten into that stuff--and even they are probably embarrassed about some ot the stuff they published about it in the 70s. How in frigging hell can ANYTHING that happens between a man and a woman be "homosexual?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit