WERE THERE ANY `YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS,MAN' moments in KH

by badboy 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan
    An Elder once gave a talk at our Hall and said that in the new order we might even live on the moon..THE MOON!!! ; For 35 years I've been told we are going to live on a earthly paradise and this guy says we could live on the moon. ; YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS MAN!!!

That reminded me of a brother who said that 75% of the earth is covered with water, so maybe in the new world Jehovah would change some of us to breathe underwater and live at the bottom of the ocean!

Of course, I believed it at the time, because I was just a little kid, but as I grew older I and the more I thought about it, I was struck by how ludicrous this was.

Tammy

• sandy
    sandy

Daniel P

"red wagon"

Oh My God !!! That is freakin hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing that one. I would have had to walk out of the KH after hearing that. That is toooo funny!!

There really are some funny characters at the KH.

• loosie
    loosie

I heard that Jah will problably give us a new house every 10 years...so in 100 years we would 10 houses.

I felt like saying I don't need a house I need my dead child back. A@*hole

• startingover
    startingover

I remember an old brother saying from the platform that rock and roll was bad because it had the beat of sexual intercourse.

After he said that I couldn't help but picture him humping his wife to that beat.

• loosie
    loosie

But if you're old it could have the beat of Lawrence Welk

• arwen
    arwen

This thread has really lightened my mood from a stressful day.. Thanks lots of laughs...

• LDH
    LDH

Mr KR This would have been around 1992 or 1993.

My sister and I were fuming mad but to our surprise, the audience CLAPPED!!!! My sister tried to verbally engage my father on this nonsense and he said that the speaker meant that if you dressed in such a way to attract attention you should not be surprised if some of the attention you got was unwanted!

• LDH
    LDH

my aunt was a favorite flogging block for a long time. they said she had her name tattooed on the chair in back.

She was told it was immoral to go bare legged at the meetings or in service, and that she should wear hose.

Darcy,

and you believe this religion is harmless HOW?!?!?!

• spoils_useful_habits
    spoils_useful_habits

I can't remember whether I heard this at a "meeting" or read it somewhere, but I remember one about some JW's in a concentration camp who were forced to strip off all their clothes in sub zero temperature. They started singing "Kingdom Melodies" and when the guards wondered why they didnt die in the cold temps, they immediately went to where the JW's were and could feel a warmth, like a hot summer day engulfing them. The gaurds felt terrified that God would strike them down, so they allowed the JW's to put their clothes back on and eventually gave them priveleges within the confines.

• under_believer
    under_believer

That reminded me of a brother who said that 75% of the earth is covered with water, so maybe in the new world Jehovah would change some of us to breathe underwater and live at the bottom of the ocean!

Doubleyou tee eff. That is insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit