WERE THERE ANY `YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS,MAN' moments in KH

by badboy 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

At our old KH the PO said the Jews deserved to be killed in the holocaust because they thought they were God's chosen people, but they were wrong because JW's were God's chosen people.

I got up and walked out feeling really sick.

Chrystal

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

"there aren't any long haired carpenters"

STUPID GIT!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

In one of the public talks, the elder giving the talk said " if you think one hour a month will get you into the new system, you are wrong". Then he laughed.

Now, how do you think that made the publishers who were really getting that one hour, because that was all they really could get every month?

What about the irregular publishers?

What about the inactives?

What about the sick ones who could barely get out of bed to get to the Sunday meeting, let alone field service?

How encouraging!

Warlock (who is pissed off now, remembering this stuff)

• LDH
    LDH

Welcome, Warlock.

Confession, we actually did have to sit with our parents until we were in our 20's. So this is true.

Some stunners from my old 'cong'

1. Leg warmers look like your pants have been pulled down in preparation for sex.

2. The "Nude" makeup look is meant to make it look like you had sex, and went to bed with your makeup on. (Therefore you should wear COLOR not a nude pallette)

3. This one was at a District convention said from the stage: If a your woman dresses provocatively and gets raped, so be it because SHE ASKED FOR IT! (Syracuse NY)

4. Also at a District convention -- We should not be jealous of people who have RVs (Recreational Vehicles) because in the new system we will ALL have one if we want! (Bakersfield CA)

Lisa

Wears all nude makeup Class

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I remember one 'Pioneer' meeting in which the new CO said to a couple hundred hard working pioneers in the circuit;

"Where we were at the before the pioneers didn't have a luxurious privilage of sleeping in getting out in service at 9 o'clock. We were up at 5 and down working the downtown area and the trains by 6 AM. Now that's pioneering."

That really built up the troops.

Jeff

• heathen
    heathen

Yes , everytime I went to the memorial .... Statements like , You don't need to be baptized to be saved , just believe the WTBTS has the truth .... (while a study I heard this one ) Thanks giving is a political holiday ? Masturbation is immoral ?

• nelly136
    nelly136

warning about blood products being found in food that you wouldnt suspect.... ICECREAM !!!!!!!!!

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

I remember the story of the brothers who were in a foreign country, maybe it was Russia,. They wre trying to bring the Watchtower mags and books over the border when they discovered a spy was among them. As they were hiding in the woods from the soldiers the spy went out to reveal where they were and he was hit by lighting and fell dead.

I thought that a laughable and made up story.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    That is a HOMOSEXUAL ACT!

Will dismiss elders and MS for moisturizing and using hair care products.

• juni
    juni

After lunch we pioneers met at the Hall for the afternoon. An elder had a long list of names of groups and singers we shouldn't listen to. If it wasn't Liberace or Frank Sinatra it was off limits. I just laughed. One of my faves, Linda Ronstadt, was on the list. And of course the Eagles. It was such a farce!!

Another time an elder said from the platform that we should only be watching "G" rated movies. Although my kids who were friends of his kid knew they watched PG13.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit