WERE THERE ANY `YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS,MAN' moments in KH

by badboy 100 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    A few weeks ago the brother who gave the talk talked about 5 minutes about Pippi Longstocking ...how she was the real force behind everything bad these days.

When I was younger, many moons ago, it was the Beatles that got all the blame. Beatles have long hair. Beatles sing about drugs. Beatles do drugs. Beatles hang out with the Maharishi. Beatles cheat on their wives. Beatles, Beatles, Beatles. The world is going to hell in a handbasket because of the Beatles. Satan was using them and their catchy lyrics and snappy melodies to trap people into living a life without Jehovah. I caught so much shit for owning Beatles albums. But not once did anyone ever say anything about Mick, Keith and the boys...well, except for their album, Her Satanic Majesty's Request. That one got banned toot sweet.

I've managed to purge most stupid things said over the years from my memory. Once in a while something will jog my memory to remember something someone said. Many of the ones I've read on this thread are similar to things that I've heard over the years. Maybe I should try to remember them instead of forget them though. It just goes to show how cultish and stupid the whole thing is.

• Plummet
    Plummet

Our Bookstudy conductor went on one night about how in the paradise, after we fill the Earth, that God would allow us to travel in space to fill other planets.

On another bookstudy night he brought up that Satan started World War 1 and 2 with the sole purpose of destroying the witnesses.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I once knew an elder/pioneer who was convinced (and would tell all the brothers and sisters this at every opportunity) that China would attack the US and that would start Armageddon, sometime within the next six months. He talked in such certain tones and had a deep (seeming) knowledge of history and politics so it was pretty believable.
    This was in 1994.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

OH MAN I needed this thread, having a bad day.

My contribution:

Our CO, his initials are Jack Thomas, told us all at saturday meeting for service that you should not think that you can go out into the world and have your fun, condoms won't protect you becuase they only filter out particles down to .5 microns and some men LATINOs for example have semen that is .3 microns.

You could hear jaws drop.

He said that if a husband slaps up his wife, that doesn't mean she can go running to the elders.

The crazy shit this CO said would fill VOLUMES.

Some of it is still to hot to discuss.

P

• LDH
    LDH
    Pippi Longstocking

Does anyone under my age even know who the hell this is???

Our CO, his initials are Jack Thomas, told us all at saturday meeting for service that you should not think that you can go out into the world and have your fun, condoms won't protect you becuase they only filter out particles down to .5 microns and some men LATINOs for example have semen that is .3 microns.

You could hear jaws drop.

This is unbelievable. I wonder where he got his science degree. Oh I know from the University of Awake!!!!

Lisa

• Warlock
    Warlock

Hey Pistoff:

You reminded me of something similar a C.O. said from the platform a quite few years ago and I still can't believe what I heard.

He was talking about a neighborhood in some city in Ohio, how the brothers couldn't preach because it was so dangerous and the whole bit. Then he said how the city finally was tired of it and they cleaned it up by getting the "blacks" out of the neighborhood.

I'm going "I can't believe he just said that!". I'm not black, but I'm offended. I looked over at a black sister that was in my field of view and I'm thinking "I wonder how that made her feel". She just kept listening, but I wasn't going to ask her how she felt about it after the meeting, that's for sure.

Warlock

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Pippi Longstocking ...how she was the real force behind everything bad these days.
    You mean.......she's not?

• badboy
    badboy

I wonder where that elder got his ideas about condoms about?

• under_believer
    under_believer
    I wonder where that elder got his ideas about condoms about?

It's a common fundie concept and not limited to Witnesses, though I have no doubt the Society would quote from them. See this Jack Chick tract for a non-Witness reference about how HIV can "slip through" condoms. Also see Focus on the Family, possibly the #1 American purveyor of FUD about sex.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

He was a CO; he was really the most obnoxious CO you could imagine.

He threatened all the servants that they had to be at national average, or be removed by the end of his 3 years. 3 years came, and not one was removed. He was challenged by an elder on this, and he said:

"I have tried and tried, but the society just won't remove brothers for hours below the national average."

So he knew they would not do it; he still threatened it though.

He was a real corker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit