I want a "No Blood Card"!

by Bee 58 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Bee
    Bee

I just thought; "Who better to ask, than experts on the "No-Blood" thing?"

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Have you tried asking your mom? Have her talk to her book study overseer and have her tell him that she needs to make a new one and use that one.

• Bee
    Bee

Like I said.. I'm not a JW. I can't use the one provided to them, because I'm not baptized. (as I've said in my original post). I want to know how I can get one even if I'm not a JW.

Thanks for your help though!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

BTW are you Filipino, you look like my wife.

As far as I know, there are no generic 'no blood cards' put out by groups other than the WTS. Since you can't use the WTS one the only option will be to create your own, or pay for an Attorney to draft one for you.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The answer is simple - You simply CANNOT get a no blood card unless you are a Jehovah's Witness. End of matter.

By the way I think with your attitude you are going to make a fine JW.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Like I said.. I'm not a JW. I can't use the one provided to them, because I'm not baptized. (as I've said in my original post). I want to know how I can get one even if I'm not a JW.

I believe that the Jehovahs Witness is the only CRACKPOT religion that passes them out...

AND You were asking for a JW No Blood Card to start with?

• blondie
    blondie

I will repeat you don't have to be a JW to get a document outlining your medical wishes....the WTS only adapts the form requirements by state...that is why a JW in Missouri will have a little different form than one in New York. The WTS now prefers that members fill out a healthcare proxy (poa) because it covers more than blood transfusions. Legally, any healthcare proxy form accomplishes the same thing, having your medical wishes represented by a person of your choice if you are unconscious.

It does not have to be a WT form....the forms are free and available on the internet for many locations, you don't need an attorney to fill them out.

Blondie

(I know of 2 non-JWs, never been who filled out this generic form and requested no blood transfusion....)

If you live in the US, check with your state government, perhaps the health department. Most have these forms available online.

Blondie

(The WTS will not give out their cards to non-JWs, only baptized JWs in good stand (no DF'd or DA'd JWs), there is another card for minor children)

If your reason for not taking a blood transfusion is because you agree with the WTS scriptural reason, it looks strange if you have not validated that belief by getting baptized.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I really don't understand the 'GET' a blood card (and it isn't a 'card' anymore, as I have a current one). If you're a JW, you're issued with one. If you're NOT, but you want to adhere to to the no-blood policy, MAKE YOUR OWN. Specify your wishes, sign it, have it witnessed, keep it with you. That's all the 'Blood Directive' is anyway.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why is anyone even acknowledging this arrogant, ignorant, annoying *****?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

In reality, in a real emergency medical personnel are going to follow the wishes of your medical attorney (your mum), and not a little card in your purse. That's why witnesses are told to also fill in the big doc and have it on file everywhere that matters.

Here in Oz I've found a one-page Medical Power of Attorney form that I had my husband named on, signed by a JP. That's in case I'm ever unconscious and my mum wants to barge in on my medical choices, as I wouldn't want her involved.

But as you insist... make your mum's purse 'go missing' for an hour, photocopy hers, and write up your own similar to that. How hard can it be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit