I want a "No Blood Card"!

by Bee 58 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Bee
    Bee

Ok, first off, let me make it clear that I'm no baptized Jehovah's Witness. I studied for about 2 1/2 years, and was a Publisher for about half the time. I don't attend meetings, because..well.... I haven't yet summoned enough courage to ask forgiveness for my many wrong-doings. I grew up in the religion, and I truly adhere to the No-Blood doctrine. (even though I don't adhere to much else at the moment).

I would like to get one of them No-blood cards, but I don't know how to get one. It would help me feel better that if anything were to happen to me, that my Mother (who is baptized by the way) wouldn't break down and tell the docs to give me blood.

Anyone wanna give me info on how to get one? (even though I'm not baptized?). I've searched the net endlessly to no avail. This post is sort of a last-ditch effort sort of thing. If you don't feel like posting (which I think would be the easiest way..still) you can email me at

[email protected]

or get ahold of me through Y! messenger using the same User ID.

• blondie
    blondie

You'd be better off filling out a healthcare proxy (power of attorney) and specifying all your health choices. You don't need a WTS form to do it or an attorney, just someone to act as your primary agent and a secondary agent and 2 people to witness the signatures.

Blondie

• Bee
    Bee

Power of Attorney gives the power of decision making to my Mother.

That's exactly the OPPOSITE of what I want.

• blondie
    blondie

Do a new one and make someone else your proxy. What good do you think the Medical Directive Card (blood card) will do if you have a proxy on file giving your mother authorization to make your healthcare decisions?

Blondie

• Bee
    Bee

Oh my goodness. Maybe I didn't make myself clear the first time.

I have meither a Power of Attorney, nor a Living Will. I have no resources to get EITHER of those. And REALLY(?), am I supposed to carry those legal documents in my pocket EVERYWHERE I go?

You must not be understanding me.

I know you're Anti-"No Blood" (from what I gather from your posts on this site), but all I want is a No blood card, directive, sticker, note... SOMETHING! Just in case I get into an accident, and I happen to arrive at the hospital unconscious. Ya know what I mean?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Make one. The legality is in the witnessed signature, not the fact that it is printed on watchtower paper.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Be a smart Apostafishy. Don't take the bait.

• Odrade
    Odrade

And by the way, you are extremely rude and disrespectful, and owe Blondie an apology. She is trying to help you, even though your decision is poorly thought out, ill-advised, and clearly unsupported by the people who love you.

• blondie
    blondie

Check on the internet of the US State, Canadian Province, or UK location for poas. Or find a phone number. The forms are free that I know of. You do not need an attorney to fill them out (any more than you do a blood card). Just read it, fill in what procedures you want or don't want, have your primary agent, secondary agent, and 2 witnesses (any adult), and have everyone sign in view of each other. Make a copy for your files, your doctor, your clinic/hospital and each of the agents acting for you.

I'm not sure of the UK, but I'm sure someone posting here knows how it works.

You shouldn't have to pay anything to draw up a healthcare power of attorney.

Blondie

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    but all I want is a No blood card, directive, sticker, note... SOMETHING! Just in case I get into an accident, and I happen to arrive at the hospital unconscious. Ya know what I mean?

But if you end up at a hospital with a no blood card; You may end up needing a "power of attorney" or "living will" Know what I mean?

And REALLY(?), am I supposed to carry those legal documents in my pocket EVERYWHERE I go?

So you'll carry a "No Blood" because you don't plan on anything happening to ya?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit