I want a "No Blood Card"!

by Bee 58 Replies latest watchtower medical

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    And REALLY(?), am I supposed to carry those legal documents in my pocket EVERYWHERE I go?

Why not? How bulky do you think they are?

I am a medical marijuana patient; where I live, state law allows it, and you'd better believe I carry a copy of my doctor's recommendation everywhere I go. It folds up pretty small. Just an analogy for your contemplation.

gently feral

• jwfacts
  • Odrade
    Odrade

haha!

• Bee
    Bee

You might think so, but I know otherwise.

BTW, I have not been rude and disrespectful in any way, shape or form. I was just trying to clarify the circumstances, in order that people may better understand my wishes, and give me helpful information.

• Bee
    Bee

My mother has a Living will, and Power of Attorney.

All hers says is that if she's incapacitated, or is brain dead she doesn't want to live, and gives me permission to pull the plug. And it's 17 pages long. It seems a little cumbersome to carry that around ALL the time.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    give me helpful information.

Maybe you should read the June 15, 2004 Watchtower.... In that issue they (jw's/ Watchtower) have new guidelines that make taking all "FRACTIONS" A conscience decision....

I'm sure someone else here can add to my comment...

,Mike

• merfi
    merfi

I truly adhere to the No-Blood doctrine. (even though I don't adhere to much else at the moment)

I'm not sure I understand why you're adhering to some of the JW doctrine, but not all. Why worry about getting a bit of blood if there are other things you allude to doing that may be mocking Jah. Just a thought.

But, to address your question -- what the others have said. You don't need a "blood card" from the JW to make your medical wishes known. Contact your attorney, or do a google for a 'make your own' POA/living will document. Two witnesses or a notary to sign it and you're set. And yes, if you want it enforced in an emergency, keep it with you -- next to your driver's license; it's the first place paramedics and medical personnel look when you're in that situation.

I know the JW version of the card has a lot of "yes this fraction, no not that fraction" and treatment choices that JW are encouraged to "research" in order to make a decision. http://www.ajwrb.org has much info on fractions etc. I encourage you to start your research there.

HTH!

~merfi

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Bee

Here is a link to a scan of it http://www.ajwrb.org/2003WThealthcaredocs.pdf

However it can not be used if you are not a JW, as you need to get a JW to sign it. In your case the WTS recommends making your own.

• Bee
    Bee

Thank you for that. I already knew that.

What I don't know, and what I haven't gotten YET in this darn post, is information on how I might get a no-blood card. I've gotten everything BUT. I don't want to know about alternatives to blood-cards, I never wanted to come across as rude.

I just want to know HOW to GET a blood card.

Please don't post anything further, if it has no information on HOW TO GET A NO-BLOOD CARD.

Thank you.

• Bee
    Bee

BTW.. I don't exactly want one from the Watchtower Society. I just want one in general. For emergencies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit