New Here Sorta

by Jolinar 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

Middle Bay Area more or less. About halfway from SF and SJ

• LDH
    LDH

Hi there,

I'm in Fresno but I travel to that area on business frequently.

Great story. You were a smart one, figured it out at age 2 eh?

• Purza
    Purza
    Middle Bay Area more or less. About halfway from SF and SJ

Welcome. I am from the Bay Area too -- originally the middle bay (although as you know we do not call it that) and now the north bay.

Purza

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

I was one of those kids that was very observant but also kept inside almost like an autism spectrum kid, (who knows if I am?) and the whole environment made me quite uncomfortable plus noone seemed to be able to have their stories synchonised with every other person or sometimes the stories changed. I would remember things and then have something completely different explained later. Poor explanation left me to believe other things or leave lots of room open for interpretation. Most people seemed to contradict the religion to my mom in front of me and something just didn't seem right. A kid doesn't respond well to you telling him all his non-JW friends or aquaitances are going to die when the new system comes about either. It always seemed like I could be spending my time doing better things or being a normal kid having more fun than I was being allowed. You take something from a child when you deny them a social life or a active childhood. I would not be who I am today had it not been for a few friends, heavy reading of the books in the house, and my own natural strong-willed tendencies or strong mind to protect myself. It can really bring a sense of disturbance thinking of what might have been.

Yeah I think you'd call where I live more South Bay. I moved here Christmas day last year starting out in San Francisco.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome, Jolinar. This is a good place to be and you will like it here.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Jolinar!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Welcome Jolinar..

I Can So Relate To Your Story... I, myself grew up in Baltimore, Maryland and ended up in Cali (10 years ago) with out the internet....

There are still pieces of my childhood to unlock or that I don't understand but each location is unique and so I'm not sure if everything was standard or not. I figure out something new off and on by myself but there might be things I need help with.

WORD!

MIKE

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

awwwww I miss Baltimore. I recently lived in York PA and I used to see a very good friend of mine there since it's not a far drive. He really helped me out emotionally in some rough and unforgiving times and I miss him dearly for it. It's not too bad a place huh? I almost moved in with him but a bum who was just kicked out by his (ex?) fiancee and staying on their couch so they didn't think they could take on two extra people for a 2-person place. I had money for rent saved and I would have slept in his room not the couch but eh it was a lot still so I ran off to Cali instead.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    I miss Baltimore. I recently lived in York PA and I used to see a very good friend of mine there since it's not a far drive. He really helped me out emotionally in some rough and unforgiving times and I miss him dearly for it. It's not too bad a place huh?

I still would rather be in California... The herb is better...

My sister lives in Philladelphia (Filthy-delphia)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Jolinar, and welcome to the board. I am happy to see you here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit