New Here Sorta

by Jolinar 55 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

A really good book on the subject that helped me re-imprint was/is Timothy Leary's : "Info-Psychology" (A Manual On The Use Of The Human Nervous System According To The Instructions Of The Manufactures)

Another good read, is "PIHKAL" by Alexander & Ann Shulgin

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

OpenFireGlass--I have the Timothy Leary book but haven't actually read it yet. Really admire his life & genius, especially after learning that we share the same Mayan birth sign.

Lunch is over for me now so gotta go. Hope everybody has a wonderful day.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Yeah, You know what they say..: Going to your grave without a psychedelic experience, is like going to your grave without sex...

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

also wanted to say, That I know not everyone is in agreement with my point of view... but if I even help one person(because of my comments) see that they are not alone in the world; Then my job is done...

PEACE, Mike

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Hey Jolinar, check you PM's (Private Messages/inbox)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jolinear,

WELCOME!! We are glad you remembered this site and came back!! You will make many friends here, and you will find comfort in knowing that most here have walked in your shoes. Again, welcome!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Fleur
    Fleur
    re: "does anyone find it hard to talk with their mom if they are a JW and you are a former?"

ooh ooh, me (raising hand à la Horshack).

lol @ Calliope! loved the horshack reference.

Welcome, Jolinar. Yes, I think that you'll fit in very well here and find a lot of community and strength from people who you can really relate to.

Glad you got out and are safe. Welcome aboard :)

hugs

essie

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

Another good one is the one I got to somewhat often www.aspiesforfreedom.com . I actually just the other day read that wikipedia page you posted so I guess that works. lol I have tried many a psychedelic or other substance or herbal myself like 1-3 times each so I can learn by reading and doing and I've compiled a list. I've tried about half the things in that article. It's like I can tell you what it's like growing up in a JW society better than someone who's only read about the experiences of others right? I learn more by having personal experience with these things. Good idea if you have good mind and control of yourself. I do know what you mean and I share so much in common with people who are AS rather than NT. I have researched many psychological variations of the mind for years yet nothing (although some came close) has ever hit the nail in the head like that one has. All the symptoms, the life as you describe, the fact my cousin isn't but he's autistic which is almost the same thing or in the spectrum of it. I have read some entries from the book you described and have taken the time to learn about Schulgan from time to time. Guess I'm on the same page with you here huh? Anyhow about to go read my PM's as you suggested. Hope all of this writing here is of some interest to someone or encouragement to more pick at my brain to solve the riddles in each other brain here.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree you have a special mind that works differently than most. Your sentences run together a bit. You "sound" almost like a person with lung problems who has to get their whole message out with one whoosh. Also, you jump from one thought to another with few bridges to help the reader keep up. I don't say that to criticise, but to give you insight on how you might sound a little "different" than other people. I agree with the poster who suggested you might have something like Asberger's.

If I were you, I'd stop trying to self-medicate. Some drugs make it worse, others better. Some illnesses, like my son's Schizophrenia, are vastly improved with early intervention with the proper drugs. My son was not given his final diagnosis until last year, when he was 27 years old. By then, the illness had done some permanent damage to his personality. He is still delightful, though, in his own quirky way.

When you are able, it might help to find a good doctor that can help you come up with a diagnosis and get you on the right medication.

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

I didn't realize with the spacing here that I needed to use the html tags to get it to work unlike any other forum I have used. I usually am well with spacing between separate ideas. I have taken some online tests and passed the minimum for the number of points determining someone is AS. Personally I don't think I need medicated though nor do I think I want to be but I was always pretty much who I am with or before I started to learn by experimenting. Once I start getting benefits I might try but I don't feel much like asking because I guess I expect a negative response and the only benefit I could get from it is cheaper travel, like my b/f who has SED, on public transport.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit