New Here Sorta

by Jolinar 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

I stumbled across this site last August and created an account but a series of events led me to run away (I can post the story if you like) and I have been moving around a bit until I finally got settled some. Along the way due to my mother's sheltering I had some bad experience because I didn't know as much about the real world as I should have. I ingested as I have before a psychoactive one night and a surge of memories came rushing back to me of my childhood and a massive handfull of them were tied to the time I was made to endure going to the Kingdom Hall and socializing with many members outside of. About me personally, I attended because my mother is a JW and she started bringing me since I was a baby. She herself as a teenager was introduced to the group when someone showed up at the door (it probably being the only thing she had and a long story) and has been going with their beliefs since. I was bribed sometimes and urged over and over to keep going even though I didn't want to until I turned 12 (6th grade) until she finally got so fed up with the hassle it took to get ready to go dressing and being on time that she stopped all together even going herself and forcing me to. She must have had some hope and my brother didn't really go but she wanted me to and we are close on some levels despite having different ideals on most things in life. From the age of 2 years I knew something was wrong and rebelled from that point on but there was still damage done to me and my social life. On top of everyone knowing these things about me I am already also different as it is and have other things that set me apart from being accepted so such youths where I grew up because of the closed-mind attitudes that only erode once a person matures into adulthood. (children pick up on their parent's prejudices) I thought I'd throw myself out there and introduce myself and see if I can resolve some things or possibly even help others do the same.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome Joli!!

Love SG1

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi Jolinar! Stick around. We'll accept you for who you are! We're all different. . .and just like a**holes, we all have our own opinions. So, don't be worried about what you have to say. Just get it all out!

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

As do I. See my work? :)

http://micsg7.googlepages.com/

I am going to try to stick around. There are still pieces of my childhood to unlock or that I don't understand but each location is unique and so I'm not sure if everything was standard or not. I figure out something new off and on by myself but there might be things I need help with. I used to live in Ohio for 20 years but since I ran off I eventually ended up over here.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I loved the original Stargate! I, especially, loved Jaye Davidson's role! I couldn't figure out if he was a boy, woman, man, girl...what!? He was perfect for the role.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    As do I. See my work? :)

Nice Joli.

Dont get me started on Stargate though or you'll end up with a highjacked thread!!

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

Look at how many times my name appears for having helped translate writings in the show: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13522 It was definitely a good escape and helped pull me out of the life I once lived under things. From there I grew up a little more like I should have and learned the things a person needs to know about life.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum jolinar, you gave us an interesting story on coming out to become a poster, I look forward to hearing more about your experiences with the JWs.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Welcome Jolinar!

What part of california are you in? I'm in the LA area.

• juni
    juni

Welcome Jolinar.

Look forward to future postings by you. Just jump in. You'll always have a listening ear.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit