Jolinar

is this thread dead?

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Hi Jolinar:

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Hi Jolinar:

Sorry about the incomplete post. Guess I mistakenly sent it on its way before getting to the message part (DUH!!!)

It did not surprise me in the least to read that, given our apparent similarities, you have fallen within the autism/Asperger's spectrum in online tests. I would probably take the advice of others on this thread, though, & seek out a professional opinion. I can't begin to describe how freed & liberated I felt at the time of my November diagnosis. By that time, I was so weary & impatient from all of the other helpful but incomplete diagnoses, not to mention all of the trial & error (about a dozen failed medications in as many years), that I just wanted it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak..

The thought has also occurred to me that, living in the Bay Area, you have a distinct advantage which many of us (myself included) do not: access to one or more ex-JW support groups in the area. Last time I explored the Randy Waters support group site (http://randytv.com/supportgroupslist.htm), there seemed to be quite a number of groups in the San Francisco & Silicon Valley vicinities. Who knows, there might be a group waiting to offer encouragement & support just down the road..

Take care, little brother, & realize that you are in our hearts & minds at all times.

Peace

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

I also saw one kingdom hall the only place I've ever seen outside of ohio when my b/f and I were driving once and drove right past it. Didn't know that they had support groups here. Also might be a little tough for me to bring myself to see a doctor or might need push to do so. Should I really?

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Jolinar:

Check your inbox, OK??? And sorry about the botched first message..

• Jolinar
    Jolinar

Two JW's just came to the door and one rattled the nob lightly which disturbed me. They left a note about some meeting in SF. I bolted the other lock when I looked through the peep hole at two darkly dressed elderly figures. Wonder if they knew to look for me? Were adult elderly males.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit