Dallas SweatFest - July 29th 2006

by LittleToe 371 Replies latest members meetups

• gumby
    gumby
    Hey Big Tex, I'm kinda doing ok in the heat, guess because I came off the Florida Keys, it broke me in.

Had you came to california first....you would have definately been broke in as we just had record breaking heat records which soared to 114 degrees with triple digit numbers for over two straight weeks. I heard Death Valley hit 122. So far to date there have been 141 deaths related to heat problems and power outages.

K, back to the pics

Gumby

• ballistic
    ballistic

hmmm, lets see, this one doesn't give away too much. Rememeber... what happens in Dallas stays in Dallas. ;) http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/416b1122z7359caef/6a7ere2/__sr_/af82scd.jpg?phwJOzEBGLOhHj10

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    do you two still drive around in a cart pulled by a horse too????

We've recently upgraded. We now use a buggy.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ha! We do have a digital camera but I prefer the 35 mm because I can get better action shots with it, i.e., kids and basset zooming past, fast-moving apostates, Big Tex in the shower, y'know. I'm just an old-fashioned girl, I guess!

HL and FOSHLL, thank you so much for opening your house to all of us last night! It was really great visiting and I'm sorry we didn't get to stay later. Jennie has a social life but not driver's license, and I'm glad to keep it that way for a while!

Nina

• luna2
    luna2

I couldn't get your link in the post so work, ballistic, but I went to your Yahoo photo album and found a couple Dallas pics. Looks like you guys did have a wonderful time. Awesome!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Big Tex in the shower, y'know

>hoping the water was not cold<

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Last night was uberfun. Sparkplug and SixofNine just left about an hour ago, so the pix should be coming later today or tomorrow.

I feel really good today (a little dizzy, but we all need to bump into a wall now and then). FOSHLL and I are off to see the new Woody Allen film, then on to our favorite vegetarian restaurant in the Hari Krishna temple. Life is sweet.

Cheers
    -HL

OH! And my house is already clean (almost). Yeah.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Thanks to all that showed that beautiful southern hospitalitah (as Travis would say)... especially Hemp Lover and FOSHLL. Thanks again for the Advil guys, it was exactly what I needed.

Had a great time. I'll post the few pics that I have once I get back to St Louis, along with a quick travelogue.

Just got back from dropping Ballistic off at the airport for his flight. Great guy, and an absolute pleasure to get to know.

Love you guys, each and every one.

FMZ

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, aside from the usual people I know not to post the photos of....who absolutely does not want their photo posted?

The ones in question are for me are

Brigid

Daystar

Little Toe

Ballistic

Can you all let me know?

• Celia
    Celia
    Little Toe

Ballistic

These two are safe to post.... their pictures are in the Englishman's bbq. thread, and last year's, and....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit