Dallas SweatFest - July 29th 2006

by LittleToe 371 Replies latest members meetups

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Sorry you all...It is loading slow! {Sparkplug moved the photos here: http://www.sarandipityphotography.com/July%202006/ Great pics Sparky!}

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Terry, it was really good to meet you, too. It really "is a small world after all." It seems that between you and Quentin (especially him) y'all know most everyone I knew as a dub. I would enjoy getting together again & swapping stories about the folks we knew.

IP_Sec, that's the best pic we've ever had taken ! (but, the ears are all wrong) As a *warning* to everyone...see what happens when you "leave the protection of Jehovah's Organization" and try to...f a d e a w a y ? Ya' get all demonized and ya' don't show up in pictures or mirrors. The Dept. of Motor Vehicles hates it when we come in !

And like everyone said, Sparky and Hemplover graciously opened & welcomed all of us into their peaceful homes. They were great hostesses & fantastic people as always.

Everyone needs to go to at least one ApostaFest, they'll meet the true people behind the avatars and typed words that are sometimes so difficult to understand. As good as these forums are...we cannot look people in the eyes or hear their tone of voice to know whether they are kidding, being sarcastic or just sincere.

Meeting other people who have "been-there-done-that"...survived, woke up and got out of a cult is a priceless experience.

Sleepy Rabbit signing off...

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

So who are these guys? I recognize elsewhere but not the rest. I wish I went, it looked like a lot of fun!

• luna2
    luna2

Ahhhh super! Sparky, wonderful pictures!

What was that thing that LT was so enamored of? (the thing he was using as a gun). LOL

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Forgive me but is that a hairdryer that Ross is playing with ? What did you give him to drink? And are they leather chaps he is wearing?

Great pics - quite arty too!

Wish I coulda been there!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Butt-less chaps and retro vibrators?! 8o
    This wasn't a very dub like gathering at all! ;D

Great pics as always Sparky

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

After the weekend I am

no longer a virgin.

I've been out for some 29 years and this is my first exposure -- a wonderful one at that -- to folks in the same position. What a rich composition of personalities -- many of them intellectual, a few so sensitive that their heart's on their sleeve, some quiet, some with infectious laughs, many brimming with a talent that is no longer suppressed by WT central. An irony? It appears that Terry and Quentin and I share nearly the same outing year, circa 1977. We learned we all attended the 1969 DC in Kansas City. It's possible we tent camped in the same cornfield that had been bush-hogged only a few days earlier leaving stubs that poked holes in our tent's floor.

We learned more about Terry's approximately three years imprisonment for refusing to do hospital duty. Yes, you lurking JW's, those were the hard days before the WT finally softened their stance for political reasons. By Terry's account, this assy was when he was fresh out of that imprisonment and it sounded traumatic.

Yes, a few weren't in the class of the Outed and Ousted -- my wife and Rabbit's dear wife in particular. They showed the quiet patience and tolerance needed to endure what must be, to them, an obvious and unusual enthusiasm by a people as if just released from some penal colony.

Oh, and what a thoughtful gift from Mrs. Rabbit to LittleToe, that kilted Santa. How appropriate for our visiting Scotsman. Mrs. Fatfreek and I are sorry we had to leave before that presentation.

And talk about talking. Take a fellow from northern Scotland (LittleToe) and another fellow from southern England (Ballistic), and I could tirelessly listen to them talk in their distinctly different brogues for hours. Shame on you, FMZ, for abandoning much of your
    accent. (just kidding, of course).

Oh, SparkPlus, what glorious photos, many of them so artistic. But, why doesn't that surprise me since Art is what you do for a living? Great job, indeed.

Finally, our hostesses HempLover and Sparkplug. Beautiful people with solid gold hearts and the utmost hospitality to boot.

Fats

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sparky the quality of the pics is astonishing!

Who is the girl in the amazing long dress - I love that dress!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey sparky....do you have any pictures of little toe?

• Quentin
    Quentin

I took a long hard look at everyone there...know what? I didn't see one tail dragging behind, nor horns growing out of anybodys head...it was to say the least quite the experence...regular folk come togather for fellowship with no fear that what they may say or do would get them ratted out to some knuckle dragging one track mind JC...ah freedom aint it grand!

Can't add much to what has already been said by Terry, Rabbit and Fatfreak...enjoyed meeting everyone, sorry to have missed out on others that came to Hemplovers after we left...look forward to the next one and I for one am ready to see you guys on a more regular basis, as time permits..

For all you lurkers, especialy you jw's, yeah your here too, take a walk on the wild side...the freedom is intoxicating...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit