Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coalize
    coalize
    @magnum : And what is that supposed to be mean? Why it would it be ludicrous only to new JWs? To me, it should be ludicrous to anybody who hears it, but especially to those who are experienced JWs and have seen the evolution of the doctrine.

On my mind, the ancient one are so much used as the "new light" comming regularly, that a new light or not, doesn't bother them so much in their obedience and confidence at the Borg. And an ancient one who find this new light "ludicrous" as you notice will react or by leaving the Borg or by shutting his mouth one more time.

Or DocHouse is different he find the new light ludicrous, open his mouth on it an want us to keep confidence in the Borg. 

All that made me think he's a new JW. But I'm perhaps totally wrong!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    DesirousOfChange

The "Generation" doctrine ( 'over-lapping' generations, heh) IS Ludicrous! I agree!

How much lying and bullshit do you find acceptable?  Just how much can you tolerate?

Doc: Like The Trinity, Hellfire, Immortal Souls, Once-Saved-Always-Saved, God & Country, Clergy, Transubstantion, Phony 'Holidays', etc, etc, etc?

NONE.

-

Remember the illustration:  A glass of water with just a pinch of poison (or sewage, or dirt, or whatever) in it -- would you drink it?  Add another pinch of *whatever* -- Would you still drink it. 

Seems to me that you're still drinking their Koolaid.  How much shit in the Koolaid is enough? 

I found my limit.

Mad- Goofy ideas about what prophecies of God mean, are not 'poison', nor sewage- so you illustratiuon doesn't apply. What do YOU , for example, think "666" means?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    Magnumthe burden of proof is on you. You claimed that "everyone has faults and makes mistakes; an organization even MORE so."

I said in response to that that I disagree - that organizations have checks and balances to prevent mistakes. 

Then you replied "Magnum- look at the Government, and apply your claim."

Now I say to you, No. YOU PROVE YOUR CLAIM. You prove that organizations have more faults and make more mistakes than individuals. Take your example of "the Government". Sure it has faults and makes mistakes, but prove that it has more faults and makes more mistakes than individuals.

You shoot off words that can't stand up to scrutiny. 

Doc- Magnum, save your diversion for those stupid enough to be fooled by it.

You have shot yourself in the foot by ignoring my example- or do you have a government position????

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Outlaw- funny cartoon!

Piz- what a stupid claim. I'm on a PC I've had for several years. Any other idiotic babble?

• Splash
    Splash

I'm a practising, appointed JW, before you throw the atheist label at me. You might have seen me give a talk at your local assembly, or I may have baptised you.

There are more holes in JW theology than in a Marks and Spencers string vest and pants set. This is why the GB stumble from one incredulous position to another. They either have the truth or they do not, so which is it? If they have the truth then why do they keep changing it?

If it's the truth now then there will be no more changes, right? Well let me tell you that that's not going to happen anytime soon. That stuff you're preaching today is wrong - it will change.

Want an example of what the Catholic Church beat JWs at, then read Rom 13:1 about the 'superior authorities'. The Catholics had this correct forever. How do you explain that the JW's had it correct before the F&DS were chosen, then the F&DS changed it to something wrong for 40 years?

Let me break it to you gently: JW's are no more correct than the other Christian religions except in their own minds, but do far less true Christian charity work. To deny these things is to deny reality, but that's your choice.

Splash

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Splash, I don't go to ASSemblies- to be read to all day (GB 'talks).

The "Holes" are in opinions about the prophecies, and their rules- NOT the Truth about God & Christ.

The "new light"= New Opinions.

You are whacked, Splash.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    If Spash IS a JW- then he is a BIGGER hypocrite than church-goers and apostates....
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    DocHouse: Magnum, save your diversion for those stupid enough to be fooled by it.

You have shot yourself in the foot by ignoring my example- or do you have a government position????

I didn't divert anything, and I most certainly did not ignore your example; I addressed it. But since you didn't comprehend, allow me to address it again.

You say that organizations have more faults and make more mistakes than individuals. I say that it's easy to say that, but prove it. It would take a lot of study and analyis by academics to prove such an assertion. You say something like "look at the government' as an example. I say, OK, look at it. So what's your point? Are you saying that the government as an organization has more faults and makes more mistakes than the indiviuals who make it up or just individuals in general? If that's what you're saying, then how can you say that as if it's an obvious, accepted, proven fact?

I say that one of the reasons that governments exist is to keep individuals (within the government and outside of it) in check. Sure, governments have faults and make mistakes, but "more so" than individuals? Again, I say, prove it. You're the one making the assertion; it's up to you to prove it.

Individuals within government, would, I believe, make more mistakes, have more faults, be more corrupt, etc. without the checks and balances, rules, etc. of the organization (government).

Again, you asserted that organizations have more faults and make more mistakes than individuals. It's up to you prove that. Or do you think others are just supposed to accept what you say? Maybe, since you're a JW, you do think that; you guys are trained that way. You just accept what the Magnificent 7 say.

Let me address your point one more time. So you're sayiing, for example, that the U.S. presidency (president, advisors, etc.) and Congress as an organization have more faults and make more mistakes than the individuals who make up such? Are you saying that the JW organization should be excused because organizations somehow naturally have more faults and make more mistakes than individuals? That's odd. Whenever I complained as a JW about things that I saw individual JWs doing, I was told not to look at the individuals, but to look at the organization, as if it's somehow better than the individuals making it up. Now you're kind of stating the opposite. Crazy.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Magnum- it is common knowledge that the bigger an organization gets (Church, Government, etc), the more it is hamstrung by division, corruption- and its own rules.

Take the U.S. for example. It owes more money to Red China that it can EVER pay back. It's like someone out of control with their credit card. They have so many laws it takes a lawyer to manipulate them. There is no unity- except greed.

With OUR organization- 8 men call the shots. And look at some of the nonsense they spout- and how they set rules that help most, harm a few, and sometimes go AGAINST scripture. Yet, they have the SAME OBJECTIVE we ALL have- to honor God & Christ.

Now, by contrast- look at Churchianity; they corrupt EVERY SINGLE BIBLICAL TRUTH, making mockery of the Bible.

• cofty
    cofty

Doc - You are asserting that JWs promote beliefs about Jesus that more closely correspond to the bible than churches do.

You are very wrong about that.

I would appreciate your honest response to the evidence in the following thread... 

Jehovah's Witnesses View of Jesus Compared to the Early Church...

Here is an extract...

Jehovah's Witnesses do not speak about Jesus in the same manner as early Christians did. The apostles described themselves as witnesses of Jesus, they called him their only owner and Lord, and the one to whom they belonged. They were baptised in his name, led by his Spirit, rejoiced in his blessing and overflowed with praise for him. All of these statements are incompatible with the beliefs and practice of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit