Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I would tell him/her it is their OPINION- a MISTAKEN one, since Jesus referred to a SINGLE generation - yeah but I forgot to mention it was the CO/DO's visit and he was accompanying you on your bible study.

Not so cock-a-hoop now are you. Mwa ha ha ha ha! 

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

I would say the same thing.

I would LOVE to be called to the back room for this- and would plop down a Recorder and say- is this because I take Jesus's words about a SINGLE generation as true?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Dochouse are you suffering from Schizophrenia  ?  because one moment you defend the JWS as true preachers of the gospel over above what Christendom does by doctrine but then denounce the JWS doctrinal teachings of the gospel. 

Are you a fully devout baptized JWS  ???

Do you go out in service as a JWS   ???

Are you a JWS but presently disfellowshipped ??? 

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I would LOVE to be called to the back room for this- and would plop down a Recorder and say- is this because I take Jesus's words about a SINGLE generation as true? - even if this got you DF'd? Got you treated like sh1t or ignored by your friends and family?

Finkelstein basically beat me to it but do you still regularly attend meetings and hand in field service reports? Are you baptised? What do say if a brother remarks that it's hard to keep up with all this new light?

I'm still not fully convinced that you are a JW, TBH. 

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Finkle- we JWs DO preach the real gospel, but most add the opinions.

I go to meetings (bored most the time), go out in service (LOVE it), and was once in a show-down with dishonest elders who WANTED to DF me- and was 'saved' by the C.O.!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

LoveUni- my own WIFE sometimes wonders if I am still a real JW! heh

But I is---altho it's getting quite embarrassing- for the first time in my life!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The Watchtower March 15 1970.

Pg. 174

The present-day “good News” concerning God's kingdom is that it has been established in heaven in this very generation; yes, that Jesus Christ has been enthroned there and is ruling in the midst of his enemies. This means that Satan the Devil has been cast from heaven to the vicinity of the earth, and that he will soon be abyssed and his entire wicked system of things destroyed. What good news.

In the book Man's Salvation Out of World Distress At Hand 1975 Watchtower Bible and Tract Society on page 47 it says,

The glorification of Jesus Christ in heaven after his extraordinary sufferings as a man on earth was good news, Gospel, Evangel "Nevertheless," writes the apostle Paul with special reference to his own people, "they did not all obey the good news. For Isaiah says: 'Jehovah, who put faith in the thing heard [from] us? So faith follows the thing heard. In turn the thing heard is through the word about Christ." -Romans 10:16,17.

Page 48.

A similar thing can be said today. "They did not all obey the good news." This, even after the christian witnesses of Jehovah have spent more than sixty years in proclaiming the the "times of the Gentiles" ended in the autumn of 1914 C.E. amid the first world war and that then Jehovah's "servant " recieved a new elevation by being exalted to the throne of the Messianic kingdom...

In the face of the relatively small proportion of the world's population that has put faith in the "thing Heard [from] us" or proclaimes by us, it can truthfully be said: "They did not all obey the good news."

DocHouse I think from this it is as it says the 'present day' good news 

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You can start by answering this: Who decided what books would be considered "canonical", when, and why? What were the criteria used? This should get you started.

Eden

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

First there were the ASSemblies, that became GB 'Talk' Read-fests.

Then the parroting "Benefit, benefitting, benefit, you do well to ask yourself, benefit...."

Then inviting unbelievers to the Memorial- the OPPOSITE of what Christ did.

Then door to door invitations to those dumb assemblies.

Then turning the #2 talk into a Bible reading where you can't say a PEEP to explain any of it.

Now the near-constant praise of the Self-Proclaimed "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class"!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Eden: "You can start by answering this: Who decided what books would be considered "canonical", when, and why? What were the criteria used? This should get you started."

My OPINION is that God USED the RCC to help preserve the scriptures- even tho they also helped preserve some counterfeit books. In the meantime, copies were being made in other lands, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit