Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He foretold his followers would be preaching it to the world in the last days.

That's part of maligning propaganda the WTS. ( Satan's organization ) used onto people to get them to distribute the WTS's literature and in doing so they would in effect appeasing god.  Making people think they are doing god's will when in reality it was the WTS Corporation will and purpose.    More people reading and distributing the WTS's literature, . the more money and power those men would created for themselves.

That tricky Satan used and exploited the already present basic belief in the bible by the general population  to accomplish their own literature proliferation agenda.   

Told you Satan is cunning.  

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    My OPINION is that God USED the RCC to help preserve the scriptures- even tho they also helped preserve some counterfeit books. In the meantime, copies were being made in other lands, too.

Oversimplistic, as expected.

By the same token, one could say that the astrologists that travelled to see the newborn Jesus were used by God, because they were instrumental in the fulfilling of a bible prophecy - at least according to Matthew. But that's not the WTS reasoning, actually it's the opposite. God would NEVER use people who practice something he despises in order to accomplish his designs. So, again I ask: Did God use the RCC to preserve his word? Why wouldn't God use "pure" Christians instead? Wasn't he capable of maintaining the purity of the congregation? Has Jesus failed in refining the original Christian congregation? What about the other books that the RCC also preserved? Are they God's word too? What is the criteria? Do you know?

Eden

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Finkle: Jesus commanded all his followers to preach. (Matt 28)

Eden- He COULD have used them; they gave Mary and Joseph valuable gifts in token to the boyt who would be the Messiah. BUT, he didn't send the star.

The criteria to determine whether a book is true or not is simple; does it make ANY sense? Is there any nonsense in it? Is it in harmony with the messages of the books KNOWN to be inspired? etc

• Caupon
    Caupon
    DocHouse, DocHouse, you ought to know they have made up their own prophecies based on dumb misunderstandings of scriptures. That's like among the first things you know about the WT/JWdotorg crap.
  • DocHouse
    DocHouse
    No, Caupon- they have never , say, made their own prophecy about Saddam Hussein, as the churches did.
  • DocHouse
    DocHouse

DAMN! You're FORCING me to defend the WTBS!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finkle: Jesus commanded all his followers to preach. (Matt 28)

And what do the other 1000 Christian based faiths do ?

Jesus also told his followers to be aware of false prophets .

The pressing date setting by the WTS clearly identifies this organization as a false prophet , described in detail by Christ himself.  

If you take the words of Christ faithfully, then you would see that the WTS is a false prophet and always has been. 

That's if your concerned about following him or the men who say the represent him with a smile on their face.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

"And what do the other 1000 Christian based faiths do ?"

They aren't Christian. They teach the OPPOSITE of what Christ is- and don't even believe their OWN 'gospel'.

• erbie
    erbie

Doc,

I do feel sorry for you, having to defend the Watchtower cult. You are trying awfully hard and I give you credit for that.

Nevertheless, you will indeed arrive at the end of your life feeling dissalusioned and wondering what on earth could have gone wrong. The simple truth is, the Watchtower cult formulated one lie, then another to cover over the first and so on it goes. That is precisely why you are on here now defending their lies for them because you know deep down that they have such a weak and fragile argument that it must be protected from scrutiny at any cost, even it would seem, at the expense of reason.

I do not doubt your motives, I too was once like you. I was the brother that would always volunteer in field service to call on the local church or priest and yes, I enjoyed every minute of it because I believed that I was defending 'The Truth'.

When I finally left the cult due to the corruption in my own congregation I decided to apply to study at the University of Oxford as I needed something to stimulate my ever enquiring mind. One of my lecturers was a leading expert in religious history and iconography, having written several books on the subject. One day, I put it to her what I had been taught regarding the cross and the 'torture stake' by the Jehovah's Witness cult. I rather think that she was embarrassed at my naivety because she simply said that she couldn't imagine why anyone would teach such a thing and that it was common knowledge that the Romans nailed people to crosses. Why they would make an exception in the case of Jesus one can't imagine.

Anyway, this is just the tip of the iceberg Doc and I could go on for days but I also have the insight to know that people such as you believe what they want to believe irrespective of the facts.

And on that note, I'm afraid I'll have to leave you to it. My best advice to you is, do your homework.

I mean that in the nicest possible way. 

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

DocHouse - what gives you the right to decide which faiths are/aren't Christian?

And which faith is truly Christian? Surely you won't say the WTS - you've been slagging them off for the past half hour. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit