OK believers, time to put up or shut up...

by Gregor 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

Gregor,

Thanks for stirring the pot with this thread-I love it!

Imagine the reaction if a believer had started a thread like this aimed at non-believers. I could guarantee the non-believers would not take offense but would jump in a give logical reasons for what they believe, or not believe.

Another question for believers- if you believe Jesus died for your sins, why 2000 years later is this still going stuff going on? What's the delay?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Whatever dude .No one needs to provide an answer to you.You;,re going to chosse to believe as you believe no matter how much evidence is provided,so why cast pearls before swine?

Kyool......hey let's fire up another doob.......while yer up................dude............love ya, man............no, I mean I REALLY LOVE YOU, MAN..........not just f****in' around........ya' know?

• bebu
    bebu

I could tell you...

but then, I'd have to kill you.

bebu

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

There are fanatical religious believers, and there are fanatical believers in atheism. Let's not forget that the horrible deaths of millions within the Soviet Union was instigated and accomplished by atheistic adherents of godless communism. Still, excess violence and intolerance are not typical of religion any more than "time to put up or shut up" is typical of atheism. Fanaticism is the problem, not belief in God or anti-God belief. When they have the political and/or military power, fanatical religionists will ban and kill those who will not "put up or shut up." Fanatical atheists also have no problem with banning and killing those who will not "put up or shut up."

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Fanaticism is the problem, not belief in God or anti-God belief. When they have the political and/or military power, fanatical religionists will ban and kill those who will not "put up or shut up." Fanatical atheists also have no problem with banning and killing those who will not "put up or shut up."

Well said.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Gregor,

I will answer your question from my perspective.

"God" or preferably "the ALL" in my belief system is not a conscious being. Basically I believe in evolution and that the universe is continually evolving and is, in effect, an entity in itself. It is a little like gaia theory but expanded to include the entire universe.

Just as in recent years science has discovered more and more about unseen aspects of the universe, I believe that there are unseen aspects of things which exist and serve their purpose (but which are impossible to document scientifically or they have not yet been documented scientifically). These things include some phenomena which people label "supernatural".

In the continuing evolution of things, therefore, the creation / destruction cycle is necessary. Death is necessary and is not evil. No separate entity can end death (as a necessary process).

Where "gods" come in is that human beings attempt to comprehend the underlying energies and so called "supernatural" aspects of things. They try to tap into the "source". In doing so humans have created their own faces to this "All" - like Jesus, Allah, Isis, Diana, Shiva, Buddha, etc. These are human creations as a means to understanding these underlying currents. Each of these "gods" represent aspects of the universe and are involved in myth systems which can teach humans something.

Notably, no god is perfect. It has been claimed that Yahweh is, but when one reads the stories about him it is clear that he is not perfect. No god appears to be "all good". The reason is that they are human conceptions of something else.

Just my thoughts on the matter. It sounds like a long way around agreeing with Ballistic. LOL

Sirona

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    Where "gods" come in is that human beings attempt to comprehend the underlying energies and so called "supernatural" aspects of things. They try to tap into the "source". In doing so humans have created their own faces to this "All" - like Jesus, Allah, Isis, Diana, Shiva, Buddha, etc. These are human creations as a means to understanding these underlying currents. Each of these "gods" represent aspects of the universe and are involved in myth systems which can teach humans something.

Great CRYSTALS you have there...Sarona

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Great CRYSTALS you have there...Sarona

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

gold morning,

You stated it so much better than I did. We do have evil because of free will. And yes God planned our redemption from the beginning. I was trying to explian the later benefits and it will be a valuable lesson in how Man can misuse his free will and we need to rely on God's guidance when using it. Maybe I could have explained it a little better but I know I am not a fool for believing what I do. The whole Bible is filled with Gods plan to restore. All the way back to Genesis. Man was never made to live independently of God. We have tried every form of government, reiligion, and there as been all kinds of technologoical advancements made yet we still have violence, inequities, the poor, man dominating man, sickness and death. Along with a whole other bunch of problems. Those who are brought back in the ressurection will be able to compare the world they left when they died to the new world and then can better make a decision on which is better, using their free choice they were given. Also the evil (satan) will be bound so his influence will no longer be in the world. As far as those born after that, I don't know becuase the bible only goes up to a certain time period. But since hundreds of scripture has already be fulfilled, I have no reason to doubt that the rest will not come to fulfillemnt including Gods promise of making all things news, a new heaven and new earth. Or wiping out every tear from our eyes and death and mourning to be no more.

Those of us with faith have something to hope for.

It seems some of this board want to just Tear Down our faith and beliefs but really though - what can you offer us in return? If it is a life of anger, judgemnent, sadness, uncertaintly, no thank you.

• z
    z

The link below will give you good info about Biblical History

http://www.hum.huji.ac.il/dinur/Internetresources/historyresources/biblical_studies.htm

Z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit