OK believers, time to put up or shut up...

by Gregor 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LDH,

You are entitled to your opinion. I will respect that.

Gregor,

I am NOT a Jehovahs Witness. I repeat NOT a Witnesses. Please stop telling me to leave the JWs and read more carefully.

For those who do not believe in God or the Bible, I don't know why you have to be abusive to those of us who do. I would not have told any of you, hey your beliefs are bullshit! Or, act like you are morons for believing the way you do.

After all, you say we have no proof of what we believe but for you non-believers, you have no proof either! And many who believe in God are very nice, loving people, intelligent. Just because you had a bad experience in the JWs, does not mean all Christians are like that.

For the record, I have tried to answer people the best way I can in this forum. Sometimes it is hard to pick the right words to explain everything but one thing I have not done is be rude to all of you who don't share my beliefs. I would appreciate the same respect. Thanks.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Double edge- I appreciate a good sarcastic response to a good sarcastic response, but did you have anything to say that could save my soul?

How can I say anything to "save your soul" if you don't believe you have one?

I believe in a loving Creator who has a plan... but I also kind of believe in "The Law of Attraction"...

- Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're correct. - If your non-belief in a Creator works for you....fabulous, you're correct (for yourself...)

For myself, your belief system doesn't work because my experiences have been entirely different - they validate the existence of the Almighty.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Are you that abrasive in person?

To answer your question; I believe that man has been made Lord of this world, and so needs to sort out his own shyte. Why do you need skydaddy to get you out of your (collective) mess?

I'm guessing you probably don't like that answer, but in the words of the thread title...

• LDH
    LDH
    Without something eternally existing, spiritual, whether you call it "God" or "objective moral standards" (which is...almost the same as God?), all those bodies are just corruptable, meaningless flesh.

Hellrider, I disagree. Life is meaningful without an external God-force, even if only temporarily.

• bennyk
    bennyk

For those who believe, no (further) PROOF is necessary.

For those who cannot believe, no proof is ever ENOUGH.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

bennyk,

You have said one of the most intelligent things I have ever heard in your last post. Thanks!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    So are you saying I am having a battle of wits with unarmed people?

Errr, no... but sometimes it can seem that way. There was reference to...

Nobody has personally attacked you here

Sometimes it seems like an attack, I've "witnessed" it over and over again.

• LDH
    LDH
    Will the ones born in the future "pretend paradise" hear about these "lessons?" If not, what good are they now?

Lil,

*IF* there is a god, he would not appreciate my not using my brain that the theoretically gave me.

Please explain how the "Lessons" that we are all "learning" will be put to use in the future. That's all I asked.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gregor:

Please don't misunderstand, if your belief in anything has helped you to escape a life you describe as "squalid" and then evolve to the point that you are now considered "wise, kind,..." etc. more power to you. But you must realize that others have done the same thing and they don't necessarily give all the credit to a faith in a god. Give yourself credit for your positive growth.

You asked for evidence, Gregor, I gave it. From my perspective and my experience, I can do no less than give God credit. Agreed, others may have improved themselves on spit and vinegar, I won’t dismiss their experience either.

I started this topic to generate discussion on a subject that I feel strongly about.

If this is true, then introduce the topic properly. You have mixed a whole bunch of emotion with your reason, which waters down your argument, and the quality of the replies you will receive.

Please, if you find it upsetting, by all means ignore it. God knows (no pun intended) there are lots of other threads here.

You are reading too much emotion in to my response. Was your goal an emotional response from Christians or a logical one? Did you only read the first paragraph of my response? I am pretty sure I responded to your primary question. If God exists, why does he allow bad things to happen? I am "putting up" rather than "shutting up". Respect me enough at least to respond to my reason.

Bizzy-Bee:

Excuse me, but that was incredibly presumptuous and condescending, surpassed only by actually doing it - and with strikethroughs, no less!

I’ve been re-reading material on logical argumentation. Gregor’s question was very bad. If he wanted a “straight”, “logical” answer, he had to phrase his question differently.

Kid-A:

I fear you will not get a "logical" answer from a "believer" on this thread because their "belief" by definition, is based upon "faith", which has no relationship to logic whatsoever.

I took this statement as a premature declaration of victory. I welcome your comments on my response as well.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/112501/1965513/post.ashx#1965513

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LDH,

Bennyk said enough on the issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit