OK believers, time to put up or shut up...

by Gregor 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    You said it Crumpet! In fact, you said it twice

Do i get full marks for repetition for emphasis? Then I'll move on to gesturing shall I?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi crumpet,

what I meant to say is that once Adam sinned, God planned our redemption. Not before that because then God would know Adam would have sinned and people can take it to mean God planned on his sinning. It was once Adam sinned, God put the plan for redemption in place.

Also, Adam sinned because of his own free will to do so.

That is all I want to say anymore on the subject. I think it is only tearing people down and making everyone fight over beliefs. I will only explian my beliefs in the future if I know the person honestly wants to know and is not trying to pick a fight. I dont find these fights encouraging and I am not the type to preach my views to others and say I have all the right answers. No one has all the right answers. Mankind is on the same quest for answers and we are all the same in this. Frankly, I dont think it matters what you believe because If God has a plan for mankind, and he is a loving God, his plan will include everyone and not just a small group of Christians. And I believe he does.

Here is my new Motto: Just live and let Live and we will have to wait and see what happens.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I didnt actually read the rest of the thread lovelylil - only really yours and the ones immediately after it - did not intend to tear down you or your beliefs in anyway in this instance.

I agree live and let live and when the argument gets too much or we do find it discouraging I like KW13's hint - to just go and google for a bit so we don;t get too worked up or involved to a detrimental point.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Excellent motto Lil

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

What's wrong with, "accepting Jesus as your personal Savior?" What's wrong with one leaving a religion to embrace God Himself?

What's wrong with surrendering to Christ when He said Himself that He was the Way, Truth, and the Life?

What's wrong with having a personal relationship with God instead of following a religion that has no strength?

And, most of all..., what's wrong with a FAITH relying on God alone and living a fuller life?

Jesus never guaranteed anyone a trouble free life, if one accepted Him? Christ said that He promised us eternal life, if we chose to follow Him. Christ told us that, if we followed Him, throuble times would come our way.

Man has failed us all though life....Christ hasn't failed us...man has. What's your excuse, my friend?

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

I have heard many answers to this question but I still can't grasp, why did God put temptation in the Garden of Eden in the first place? Maybe this question should go on a new thread but I will put it here.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I have heard many answers to this question but I still can't grasp, why did God put temptation in the Garden of Eden in the first place?
    To get the ball rolling? He obviously knew what the outcome would be...if you dropped a juicy steak on the floor in front of a hungry dog, what do you think he'd do?

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

But, But, Sonnyboy....Eve and Adam weren't wanting for anything....so you can't compare them with a hungry dog.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I do admit bad things happen and God doesn't stop it. I don't believe God does evil things. I hope God evens out the scorecard later. That is how I've reconciled myself to the dillemma.

jgnat: I agree! This is all we really do know for sure. This does not even assume that God exists - we just hope that somebody, somewhere is in control and will step in, either on this plane or beyond, and sort this out.

Anger at God is perfectly appropriate - we humans have been expressing it for centuries - if He's there, He can take it, (unless He's in a smiting mood) and it does a world of good to get things off your chest occasionally.

• startingover
    startingover

You know what really gets to me these days? It's the responses generated on this thread like this by believers.

It reminds me of a little kid who when asked a question answers "Because" and then when asked "Because why?" answers back with "Because".

I mentioned it earlier, if one of you believers started a thread like this directed at non-believers, you would not get these childish crybaby responses. If you doubt that, give it a try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit