OK believers, time to put up or shut up...

by Gregor 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amazing1914
  • Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Gregor,

Christian beliefs are no more bullshit than your self-righteous drivel. I was somewhat of a Christian agnostic for many years after I left the JWs. I highly respect agnostics because they are at least honest ... that is ... they just don't know, because they cannot prove it one way or the other. It is all about faith. If you don't have faith, then fine. But why do you think that you are on such a high perch so that now you can look down in a condescending fashion and have the right to ridicule those who do have faith?

Jim Whitney

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Soooo if I sink, I'm innocent. ; If I float I'm guilty........................ Stop the inquisition! I confess! I'm guilty of being a casual poster! You can relax, I'm sure your place in heaven has been assured, you have soundly beaten me into submission.

I'm not the CO in our exchange. I am using your comments like you used the NWT. My "place in heaven" should I have one will have nothing whatever to do with you or our discussion.

If you had acknowledged after my first post that you haven't got any evidence for your stated opinion it would have gone no further. But then you would be admitting to exactly what you accuse Christians of: Belief without foundation.

It's okay with me, though. Everyone has them. I didn't beat you with anything more than reason. I haven't been abusive to you in any way. I haven't "raised my voice at you" once, but you have raised your voice at me. You are the CO.

AuldSoul

• Gregor
    Gregor

Jim W.

You sound angry! (don't you love it when someone says that) But seriously, Jim, if you have read this thread you know that "self-rightous drivel" is exactly what I was whining about, it seems to be the stock and trade of 'believers', and it comes through loud and clear in their posts, even when discussing otherwise mundane things. And as far as being an agnostic or athiest, you decide. But I have made it clear here that when it comes to these big questions of God vs No God, etc. I DON'T KNOW. I simply challenged those who trumpet that they DO KNOW. I knew their beliefs were unprovable when I started the topic. That was the point. There has been way too much assumption that everyone who got out of the WTS became a fundy. I just wanted to remind all you good folks that not all of us have retained ANY remnants of either WT or Christian teachings. I don't see anything wrong with that, in fact, isn't that the point of this site??? You ask, "Why do you think you have the high perch...or the right to ridicule...?etc" Come on Jim, take a deep breath, what the hell do you think is the main focus of this site? What's the deal? You want to decide what the only target will be in this turkey shoot?

NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM! (said in a friendly, joking way)

• KW13
    KW13

yo gregor, you got a friendly pm from me.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Gregor,

I did not see your follow-up comment, so that I why I did not respond. I will start with your earlier post, and then your last post.

Apparently, a large percentage of XJW's who post on this site have embraced some other form of God/Jesus belief to replace the WT doctrine. Most of them fall into the "I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior" class. They are still extremely attached to the old "forgiveness of sin through the shed blood of JC" line. You might as well be Catholics, all catch phrases, ritualism and symbolism. Whatever. It's always easier to let others spoon feed you the big answers to "What's it all about?"

I found your lead-in comments too broadbrush in its scope, and too simplistic in assuming that because someone has a religious belief they are being spoon-fed answers. My reaction set the stage for what appeared to be anger. I was annoyed, but not angry.
    Don't you get it?? It's ALL bullshit. What's the deal? You have to 'taper' off from your bullshit addiction? All you have to defend your "belief" is vague stuff like, "How could a banana have just evolved?" or some other trite crap.

I don't think it is fair to say that what people believe is all bullshit, like an addiction. There is a lot of BS in religious circles, as there is in non-religious.

But here's your achilles heel. Since you still cling to your UFO believers level mentality that there is some superior, grand force to help you deal with the fact that life is tough , why can't you or JW's or Baptists or Catholics...ad infinitum, answer one question (and answer it clearly and simply, not so involved that by the time your through we have forgot the question)

The "UFO" believers mentality seems over the top, given that belief in God is no more or less foolish than the assertion that there is no God. It is all about faith. The only group that really does not have to say its faith are agnostics. Athiests, however, are proclaiming what they don't know based on the same faith as those they condemn.

Why does "god" permit evil, wickedness and tragic misfortune??
    Free will and reaping what we so.
    An 18 mo. old baby toddles into the back yard, sees a pretty leaf in a 5 gal. bucket, reaches for it, tumbles in and drowns in 4 inches of water. If you were GOD you could have stopped it easily without revealing you wonderfulness to anybody.

Maybe next time, the parents will learn to put the bucket away. How can human ever learn responsibility unless we are permitted to reap the effects of our free will. Yes, the baby was innocent. Yes, it seems like God could do something. It is painfully obvious that we have to draw one of several conclusions: 1. There may not be a God, 2. God may not care, 3. God cares and has a noble purpose in permitting us to experience the effects of free will. The first two options terminate any further exploration. Option 3 commands our exploration and understanding, and permits us to grow. Believers also find hope in option 3. Good believers do not judge or put down those who prefer the first two options. Now, your second post:

You sound angry! (don't you love it when someone says that) But seriously, Jim, if you have read this thread you know that "self-rightous drivel" is exactly what I was whining about, it seems to be the stock and trade of 'believers', and it comes through loud and clear in their posts, even when discussing otherwise mundane things.
    I felt that your comment was like the pot calling the kettle black. Looking back, I think I get a better flavor of what you were trying to accomplish.
    And as far as being an agnostic or athiest, you decide. But I have made it clear here that when it comes to these big questions of God vs No God, etc. I DON'T KNOW. I simply challenged those who trumpet that they DO KNOW.
    Fundies act like they know everything, and make asses of themselves by debating the science of evolution with nonsense plausibilities and platitudes. Reasonable and moderate Christians, like Roman Catholics and others, view evolution as a matter of science, and a tool that God possibly used to create humans. They usually don't get into nonsense debates. Faith is just that: Faith.
    I knew their beliefs were unprovable when I started the topic. That was the point. There has been way too much assumption that everyone who got out of the WTS became a fundy. I just wanted to remind all you good folks that not all of us have retained ANY remnants of either WT or Christian teachings. I don't see anything wrong with that, in fact, isn't that the point of this site???
    But atheistic and religious beliefs are unprovable.

You ask, "Why do you think you have the high perch...or the right to ridicule...?etc" Come on Jim, take a deep breath, what the hell do you think is the main focus of this site? What's the deal? You want to decide what the only target will be in this turkey shoot?

Fair enough. I am not sure why I took umbrage at your post. Normally, I keep my humor meter turned on. Somehow it must have malfunctioned. I often get on other when they assume what my emotions are ... because the printed word cannot convey the author;s emotions unless specifically stated. So, I guess I let my own emotions overrule my senses.

NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM! (said in a friendly, joking way)
    I consider myself thoroughly chastized. Jim Whitney

• Jake99
    Jake99

If you want absolute proof of who and what Jesus was you have to look at my life, which was heavily documented. Scientists have been saying we are at the end of what the world can endure in one documentary after another and I can resolve every issue they say is a problem. I am an automation expert and only through my works and leadership can this world be saved. I work at a high rate of speed but I am never in a hurry and never make a serious mistake. I do tests but very little error becomes of my ways which always stand the test of time. If I fix it you may never fix it again unless new technology comes along to improve upon it.

Its put up or shut up up time

• Gregor
    Gregor

Jake,

This is the second post from you wherein you seem to be implying that you are imbued with some divine power and abilities. If this is just your sense of humor that's great! I kind of have an odd sense of humor myself! But I must say after reading over some of your past quotes on other threads that I am somewhat concerned that you are, as they call it in the mental health profession, a whacko. Whatever. Hope you are doing well and enjoying life.

• Jake99
    Jake99

I believe the bible implies that the general population is wacko which is why most of you need mental health assistence. I have been that route and am the only one in the State of Massachusetts to be given a clean bill of mental health on the way in and out by your helpers. I am the Christ and I have been demonstrating and proving it all my life.

Time to put up or shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit