UPDATE 2: Since Freedom is Free, Why is it Taxed?

by RichieRich 190 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

To the Watchtower trolls lurking on this site:

Congratulations!! Another family ripped apart thanks to your bullshit doctrines. Are you all proud of yourselves now? When are you losers going to wake up and smell the coffee and see that YOU ARE IN A CULT??

Watchtower: fuck you and fuck your fucking religion. I don't care if this gets deleted. I'm keeping it real.

Sincerely

Miriam Ramos

• Quotes
    Quotes

RR, just want to add to the moral support. You are handling a very tough situation very well. I admire you.

Get Direct Deposit or else cash your cheques before mom gets them. It might be wise to open a new account and close your old one, as you Mom might have access, or know you PIN, password, etc. In fairness, I suggest paying her "room & board" money, but this should be a fair and reasonable amount -- fair to both her and you.

My suggestion: save your money (even if you have to be sneaky to keep your hard earned money in your pockets) and move out asap. Even a tiny basement apartment would be your emanicaption; you have to start somewhere.

If Eduardo is correct (I suspect he is) and your mom has right to your property, then it is likely useless to call the Police (which I was going to suggest). But it might still be interesting to call them, to let her know that you will pursue all avenues to protect your rights. Also, I wonder if opening your mail is permitted? Funny things, those federal laws, they might even apply to minors, who knows?

You might want to take your mom to small claims court; did you get pictures of your mail in her car? Is there any way to prove you had the $200 and she now has it? If so, gather the proof.

If the your car is in your name, the day you turn 18, explain to you mom either she gives you the keys or you call the cops. (If the car's in her name, learn the local bus schedule, get friendly with carpoolers, get a cheap bicycle from work, and start saving for your own car. It won't be easy, but it will be rewarding.)

Now then... what your plans for school in the fall, young man? I don't want this present difficulty to interfere with your long term plans for a real education. :)

Hey, as a stuggling student, can you qualify for Student Assistance? Become and expert on this subject. There is money out there if you know where to look. Ask your high school guidance counsellor. In fact, ask your Guidance Counsellor for advice on your entire situation. They may be dweebs and dorks (I know all mine were when I was in high school), but they are there to help, and often can and do.

~Q

~Q

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Richie, (((Hugs))) I am so sorry, you're a good person and we're all proud of you here. You have so much courage. I pm'ed you - Unconditional Love, V - Sky

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Quotes,

just in case it was missed, parents have extremely large amount of rights over their minor child's property but all of that changes when Richie turns 18.

Once he is 18 (this saturday?) what she could get away with doing before changes. While she can still search his room and consent to it being seached by law enforcement for example and rumble through his property, she can't take any of it or deprive him of it. She can't take his money or his auto, unless she is also listed as an owner. If he starts paying rent or even if he doesn't, if she wanted to kick him out she would probably have to file an unlawful detainer action to formally evict him. If he has a locked footlocker or lock box, she might not be able to lawfully break into it (but I am not absolutely sure of that point for NCarolina).

While a minor a parent may open mail, packages etc. addressed to their children but when he is 18 it is unlawful for her to open any of his mail - even if it is delivered to her address. (Not that it would stop her or that it stops anyone).

-Ed

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I NEXT TO NEVER AGREE WITH EDUARDO; BUT HE BRINGS UP SOME GOOD POINTS ON THE LAW . AS I POINTED OUT BEFORE. N.C . CAN'T BE THAT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN NEW YORK MAYBE LYNCHING LOL (JOKE) RICHIE USE YOUR KNOWLEGE OF LAW TO YOUR ADVANTAGE . EVEN IF YOU USE THEOCRAPTIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE LAWS OF CESEAR TO YOUR ADVANTAGE ALLS FARE IN WAR AND PEACE...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You may not have to pay rent or anything. In our city, you just can't kick someone out. A friend of mine's had to go to court to kick her son out, and then, I think she had to give him three months to do that...ah but if the kitchen is to hot you might have to get out.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I don't get it, Richie! If you were planning to move out next week anyway, what's a week? Move out now! Don't take another minute of the crap. Even if you get a small efficiency in the slums, you won't be there long.

In my first place, I ate off paper plates my first month. Next payday, i bought plastic dishes at KMart. Next time, I got silverware, then real dishes, then a couple bath towels...they were MY bathtowels, tho cheap...they were MINE!

Now, I'm in a four bed, three bath home with a mountain view. You'll do well too, but time to get started. Spread your wings, and fly away from the nest.

You'll go far!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Not related directly, but who said freedom is free? Everything has a cost. Good luck.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My Dad was not religious at all, my Mom was a witness (although she was a person everyone loved). I also got kicked out of my home when I was 18 -- by my father.

The difference was my Dad had been in the military, very involved in voting and being a patriot.

His first-born son - me - studied with the JW's, was baptized, signed up as a "conscientious objector" during the Veitnam War, pre-1975. Then, instead of going to college (he had worked hard & saved the money for me) I started full time pioneering and took a stupid part time job. When he could not take the embarrassment, shame and anger anymore (6 months)...that his son was not following his footsteps & good advice...he said, "My way or the highway..."

I spent the next 3.5 years as a regular pioneer wasting my life.

What's happening with you Richie is a similiar thing. Your Mom is suffering "embarrassment, shame and anger", too. I hope you do not take any drastic action with your Mom as some have suggested. Allow her her anger, no matter that she's wrong. Let her have the chance to see your best side, contrasted with her own fury. My Dad even refused entry in his house, nor would he speak to me (yep, shunning ) for about a year, before he finally saw he could not force me to aquiese to his demands. I was then treated with at least a measure of respect for standing up to him.

A lot of what's happening IS unique to the JW way of life, but, a great deal is just parents and their off-spring not seeing eye-to-eye.

Your Mom has been thru a shock, too. But, you being the better person here and trying to preserve your family ties, will make you a better man. Hopefully, she will see that. If not, you will enjoy a clear conscience knowing you did your best.

Good Luck,

Rabbit

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

sorry, dbl post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit