Ghosts, Demons, or Imagination?

by ButtLight 180 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Could it be that he was staring at the computer monitor, and it acted like a flashlight shining in his eyes, and when he looked away in the dark room next to his, that the image he saw was just the reaction of the blinding monitor.

It's like if you stare at this picture for a few seconds, then look elsewhere, you'll see an image of Jesus on the wall....

Jesus optical illusion image

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

"If you have not lived through something, it is not true."

So to all those that have SEEN SOMETHING, it's true, but to those that haven't it isn't.

Swalker

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

you know, instead of looking up your local "paranormal researchers", why don't you look up your local skeptics society, to run some tests on the situation? it's funny how "demons" and "ghosts" and "spirits" and "fallen angels" disapear with some skeptics around. or light. lol. "paranormal researchers" will just hype the situation up more, and freak you guys out, and next thing you know you are contributing to a long long human past time, and seeing ghosts everywhere. seeing pattern where there is none.

but seriously, the whole post sounds like your son is sleepwalking and dreaming at the same time and then slipping into a night terror and waking up totally freaked. that and what kid-A said. i know, because i still get freaky-ass dreams/sleep paralisis/hallucinations like that. but i always seem to find a simpler explanation than immediately jumping to the conclusion that magic is involved. generally, this is the adult's job, not the child's.

put a video camera in his room at night. This actually might make your son feel better, maybe like someone is watching over him at night...........

lol, that'll only last so long... plus, i thought that was God's job?

ts

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    But yeah, thought it would be cool if you could show the world a picture of a ghost.

ya, and she could be a millionaire:

http://skepdic.com/randi.html

TS

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    i know, because i still get freaky-ass dreams/sleep paralisis/hallucinations like that. but i always seem to find a simpler explanation than immediately jumping to the conclusion that magic is involved.

And we all know what your simpler explanation is, huh?

Swalker (This may look like an island to most of us, but to TS it looks just like weeds: )

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Please don't discount what your son has experienced based on those who simply can't believe in anything paranormal. Many of us have lived in houses where such things happen, usually experienced only by certain people. In one house, though, they were experienced by everyone in the family, while wide awake and all together in one room.

We don't bother to go into that with people, though, as the reaction is usually less than positive. Like was already said on this thread, if you've experienced it yourself, you know it's real. If you haven't, it's easily dismissed in any number of ways.

Doctors are not known for believing in anything they can't examine under a microscope. They'll most likely send him to a child psychiatrist who will put him on meds he doesn't need. Please use caution in taking this route. If you think something physical might be the cause, it might be wise to request a physical without giving the details you shared with us.

You may have a very special child who is more aware of things around him than most would be. He needs your support and understanding.

Good luck and God bless.

Susan

• rmt1
    rmt1

Lucky! I'd pay good money to have an authentic supernatural experience. After 25 years of JWs with demons under your fingernails, I can't find a one. That being said, you may or may not want to look up M.A. Persinger from Laurentian University. He does work on the haunting capacity of the right temporal lobe. Warning: he is reductionist, but his research at least gives a bottom line for seeing at least one way in which the brain might interact with spirit forces, should they exist. And now for the question at which anti-reductionists love to look askance, Does your kid have any sources of electromagnetic radiation near the head of the bed?

• Mary
    Mary

he is reductionist

• Mary
    Mary
    he is reductionist

Um, pardon me for my ignorance, but what is a 'reductionist'?

• jstalin
    jstalin

There's a reason these sorts of experiences happen when people are 1/2 asleep or just waking up (think "alien abductions.") Our brains have a hard time sometimes distinguishing between what's real and what's a dream when we're in that in-between state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit