Ghosts, Demons, or Imagination?

by ButtLight 180 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

having waaaaaay too many brothers i can tell you that when they start going thru puberty they all had night terrors and thought they were seeing something.. it passed once puberty passed.

not to say he didnt see anything or that it might not be something spooky..just dont rule other things out.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I'm with country girl on this.

First go to a doctor and counsellor etc double check things. And go from there. I like her suggestions.
    It doesn't sound like it happens every night. Perhaps a recorder or video cam set up in his room. And then just each night put it in a different room. (got that from ghosthunters ) This way If something happens again, and you Do have the cam on, it will possibly catch what is going on.

Possibly journal your experiences and see if you can get your son to talk openly with you about it and include his thoughts as well in your journaling.

I think truthfully everyone has a good point.

Sometimes it Is our imagination or our mind playing tricks on us. Like seeing shapes in the clouds or the shadows of our room.

But after talking with a few others over the last few years, I think it's safe to say, that there are things we cannot explain just yet, though we are maybe getting a bit closer.

meagan

• Mary
    Mary
    This is a kid that can watch any type of scary movie and not be scared. But the way he was crying, I knew he had to see something.

Actually, after re-reading this part, I agree that it could be night terrors.......what kind of scary movies is he watching? If he's watching the bad ones (like the Exoricist, The Grudge, or The Ring), then it could most definitely be having an impact on him psychologically........however, I would still do what Black Swan of Memphis suggested: put a video camera in his room at night. This actually might make your son feel better, maybe like someone is watching over him at night...........

I'd still do a check on the history of your house though........Delilah found out (after numerous weird happenings in her old house), that the previous owner also had a number of bizarre experiences.........

• wednesday
    wednesday

I had and still do have occ those frighteing dreams (sleep paralysis) that happen right before you are about to sleep or as you are trying to wake up. They are truly scary and really do seem like you are being attacked . When I realized I was having them I knew mostof my demon encounters had been the sleep paralysis. But not all. There were a few things that happened in daylight with no sleep invlved and someone else was there to see. So, not discounting what happened to your son.

I'd follow country girls instructions, sounds like a plan to me. I would never just assume it was ghosts or demons or what ever, unless you were standing there wide awake yourself.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

The ghost are real I sent them there Muhhahahahah!!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Maybe buying you kid a nice clown will cheer him up?

• kid-A
    kid-A

What he saw may have been real.....to him. The fact is, the human cortex can create any sensory experience entirely within our own minds. Schizophrenics hear voices, have olfactory or auditory hallucinations that for them, or completely real, even if they have no physical reality.

Our subconscious minds (and the problems we are having therein) intrude into our conscious perceptions on a regular basis (hence the very real experience of dreams) and when this happens, the brain needs to present these subconscious drives in a perceptual format, which of course, are always perceived as terrifying when the underlying subconscious drive is based on stress, anxiety, fear, depression, etc.

Anyways, this is extremely common in kids and nothing to worry about unless it becomes a regular occurence. In which case, talking to a counsellor or psychologist would be a good idea.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

ButtLight,

So sorry to hear what your son experienced. As it was at night, and he woke up, it could have been a night terror, they can be very real and vivid, and it is possible to describe things in detail. This kind of thing has happened to me too.

On the other hand, if he switched on the light and the "thing" disappears, then it may be worth investigating further.

I do believe in the existence of fallen angels, for some strange reason they delight in scaring the crap out of people.

some may mock the existence of spirits, but then they will have no trouble believing in aliens.

You could try sleeping in the same room so you can both be present, should anything happen.

Re: the camcorder advice some have given, this usually doesn't work from what I've heard, they don't like being recorded.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Re: the camcorder advice some have given, this usually doesn't work from what I've heard, they don't like being recorded.

ooops sorry. Should have known that one, I don't like to get my pic taken, why would a spirit that possibly looks like Jaba the Hut?

I guess I was thinking along the lines of it could also catch movement of solid objects that can be seen.

But yeah, thought it would be cool if you could show the world a picture of a ghost.

meagan

• wanda
    wanda

Electronic image projections are now relatively cheap, at least so for purchasing groups such as cause stalkers who include cultists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit