What's the funniest/strangest name you ever gave a pet?

by JH 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I had a Basset Hound named "Mr. Beaux Jangles" and his successor, "Plumply." Plumply was named after a jdubyas little red-headed daughter (2 yo) who couldn't pronounce her own name (Penelope). My older sis got embarrassed when I would go outside and call Plumply, because of the name. I just told her to be glad I hadn't named her "Belly Button" as I'd first intended.

Then there was a long haired guinea pig we had. He was all white with a black face. His face was surrounded by a white ruff and he had a huge "handlebar moustache." I called him Yosemite Sam. We also had a black cat I called "Ming" because she had a lot of Siamese personality....and the Siamese growl. Of course, it sounded like "mean," which kind suited her anyway. My Mom had two Boston Bulls given to her with the names "Oh, Hell!" and "Dammit!." She hated having to call for them when they were outside. They loved to chase me when I was still running around outside in training pants and sneak up behind me and pull my pants down in back.

• yucca
    yucca

I was given a chihuahua and its name was tabasco so I liked the name and kept it I once had a poodle that was the color of chocolate so named her cocoa. Yucca

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

No pets here, but I've told people if I owned a dog and a cat I would name the dog "kittie" and the cat "doggie" to confuse the neighbors and visitors.....

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

My cats name is Miss. Bubbles, for some reason people find this funny.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I have a beta that goes by Francois.

Growing up, I had a cat named Cujo.

-Breck

• wombat
    wombat

Raised an orphan joey (kangaroo) once. Called it Rhubarb. Bad choice of name. It got killed in a barb wire fence.

Had a beautiful Australian bluey cattle dog called Wombat. Man..he was the best friend you could ask for.

• wombat
    wombat

I forgot about Matilda. A beautiful little Jersey heifer (moo cow). Often times I would lie with my head on her stomach (and a beer on mine) and just stare at the stars. She was soft and warm and had beautiful big brown eyes.

(You make one smart arse reply unclebruce and I'm coming down to rip your bloody arms off).

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    (You make one smart arse reply unclebruce and I'm coming down to rip your bloody arms off).

Nah I'm all for soft cuddly love .. I've raised more animals than Taronga zoo (you must be thinking of Doc Jekyll lol).

I can't think of a strange name though - Wally is a natural name for a wombat and Myrtle was named after where she was recued (myrtle mountain) then there's my budgies mr blue budgy and mrs green budgy and my cocky named chook ..

A cocky probably not named chook:

alt

• wombat
    wombat

Your Chook is a galah, not a cocky, you galah.

I was expecting a snide reponse to my feelings towards Matilda with her big brown eyes.

Remember unc...Necessity is the mother of strange bed-fellows.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

A galah is a cocky here and in SA lol you banana benda

geez ya gotta be made a

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit