What's the funniest/strangest name you ever gave a pet?

by JH 102 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I once had a teddy bear hamster I named Mephistopheles.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I have two cats one is named "Grits" the other "Ground Corn." I got the names from an old dog food commercial! I think it was science diet or something like that and two of the ingredients were grits and ground corn so... See it all makes since, or maybe not whatever!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I have two cats one is named "Grits" the other "Ground Corn." I got the names from an old dog food commercial! I think it was science diet or something like that and two of the ingredients were grits and ground corn so...

I think Grits IS ground corn.

We got a new dog in December that we found at a truck stop. The people that worked there were taking care of him. They called him Bones since he was so skinny, so we started calling him Bo. That's somehow evolved into Bo-Hunkus.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

I named MY first cat "Wellington" after the boot. It was original in America...since they're not really called Wellies over here! All my friends thought it was a cool name. He was totally a cool cat.

I had a gerbil given to me waaaay back when that was named "Darth Vadar" (the movie just came out) it wasn't long before I had to change his name to "Princess Leia" and it became apparent why the gerbil was given to me!

SK

• KW13
    KW13

I had a friend who's cat was called Cooking Fat. When she was relly angry with it she's called it *ucking cat

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My daughter had a gerbil. We named it Herbal.

• free2beme
    free2beme

D.O.G. ... not Dog, we called him Dee Oh Gee

• serendipity
    serendipity

We had a parakeet named Fred.

• Clam
    Clam

The strangest pet name I've come across is a white mouse owned by a friend at school who called him " Nagasaki the Milk Butcher". Otherwise I've got two dogs called Brenda and Trudy.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, the only ordinary name we've ever had for a pet was Patch, the cat. The rest were all a little weird:

• Cats: Red Fred, Spot, Fido, Bump, Grapejuice, Animal, Skreek, Rocket, Bing (as in Crosby: "it's not the voice, it's the phrasing").
    • Dogs: curiously enough, these mostly had normal names ... except for their mother, Gently.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit