LET'S MAKE A LITTLE WAGER

by You Know 536 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi YK,

You could be right about the money situation, all I hear from the local businesses is no one is spending any money, my wife has been laid off from her job and my son-in-law's business is going under fast as no one will give any contracts right now.

But what does this have to do with any move by God to kill everyone not a JW?

Ken P.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I presume the witnesses still look to the political and financial world for signs of the end. But do they not realise that if it does ever come "it will come as a thief in the night", "nobody knows the day or the hour", and looking at the world news in this way could be compared to looking for omens?
    Also, I have nothing against Americans, but how many times some of you make yourselves look soooooo stupid when you stick your nose in the air and proudly pronounce the US to be at the centre of the world. I see it on boards like this (yes even ones based in the UK) practically every day, and it's just starting to make me think Americans must be short sighted and a bit stupid.

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I'll take your bet YOuKnow. But first define the rules of the game. What constitutes war? Panic? Let's be a bit more specific and I'm in.

• Kent
    Kent

Yakki Da

Kent

I need mor BOE letters and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• borgfree
    borgfree

Ballistic,
    I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. Are you trying to say that the US is NOT the center of the world?
    Borgfree

• ballistic
    ballistic

Borgfree, that just goes to show my point.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

What's your point? That you don't understand sarcasm?? :)

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can just imagine the old criples on the Governing Body sitting on the edge of their Wheel Chairs reading the "Tribune" or whatever it's called looking at the "small picture" in the US and waiting on every word for signs of the end of the world.
    I think coming from a small country, you come to realise just how big the world actually is.

• dmouse
    dmouse

You don't expect YK to specify what he means do you?

Whatever happens, YK will win in his own mind because the world will end in a spiritual sense in October (like it did in 1914) and if the rest of you didn't notice, well, that's your lookout.

Bad things happen EVERY month, but they don't mean shit.

You Know you are a false prophet.

See you next year, and the year after...etc.

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

You Know:

If you did "win" this little wager thing and send a letter and a c-note to the WTS, of course you would be honest and forthcoming about how you acquired the money.

They would promptly send it back to you, because you know they wouldn't condone gambling.

What would Brian Boitono do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit