A GREAT BIG "THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - PLUS UPDATE

by Dansk 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

I thought I'd best make a new thread rather than add my message to the vigil thread, for example, as it might not otherwise get noticed.

Yesterday afternoon I was allowed home from the hospital - but ONLY until Wednesday morning! As many of you will know, I have been in Christie Cancer Hospital in Manchester, England, ready to undergo a stem cell transplant (in my case, stem cells taken from my blood to be returned later). Unfortunately, last week it was noticed I had a lung infection so I had to be put on a course of antibiotics. Then the doctors found that I had developed a blood clot in my BICC line (the line to be used for chemotherapy to be administered and from which blood can also be taken, saving the patient from having to have needles constantly inserted in their arms). This meant my treatment had to be delayed and, as the hospital only administers my type of chemo regimen on a Wednesday, I was allowed home.

Whilst in the hospital I received a lovely card from Emo and a very humourous one from IT Support. Prior to being admitted into the hospital I received cards from Country Woman and Marjorie and Jim. These meant so much and touched me deeply!

I don't mind admitting that yesterday morning I was brought to tears - three times! Why? 46 A4-size printed out e-mails were brought to my room - these being sent from 46 people here! In the afternoon I received a further three! I was so overcome with emotion at the thought that so many people - people I have never met - could be so beautifully kind to take the time to send me cards and e-mails. If that wasn't enough, I then had to go to reception (on my ward) to see the most beautiful basket of flowers you could ever imagine! They were sent by Steve YC!

Unfortunately, flowers cannot be kept in my room as they could possibly be harbouring some type of "bug", such as fungal spores. As my body is about to be heavily attacked by chemo and my immune sytem suppressed for a time I would be at risk from such "bugs". Therefore, I brought them home with me and they sit pride of place in our kitchen! THANK YOU, Steve!

I'm not feeling brilliant, but I'm a lot stronger knowing so many people care! THAT is priceless!

Please keep the cards/messages coming in. I'll be back in hospital tomorrow morning and will undergo chemo at around 10.00-10.30 a.m. This will go on for a week, at the end of which I'll receive my stem cells back. By the second week I have been informed to expect feeling "rough". By the third week I am expected to be improving daily.

Claire has visited me every day - and once was accompanied by Dominic! (((((((((()))))))))))

With your prayers and vigils I can get through this. More to the point, I can be cured!!

Sincere love and grateful thanks,

Ian

• Clam
    Clam

Hi there Ian

I didn't send you a message in the hospital because I felt I didn't know you well enough. I have been keeping my fingers crossed for you though!

I'm very glad to hear that you're on the mend and I wish you a safe and speedy recovery. It's great that you've received a boost from the JWD community and I'm sure you'll receive more. In the meantime all the best and I'll send healing thoughts.

Chris

• prophecor
    prophecor

God Morning To You

So glad to hear you're doing well, Ian. It's good to see you're up and about. We'll keep the light on for ya'. Peace & Blessings to you and yours, God Speed & God Bless.

Arthur & Lenez

• Frog
    Frog

Hi Dansk, it's so lovely to read a post from you:) I'm so glad to hear that all the support from here has been reaching you, no doubt that will go a long way to helping you on the road to recovery.

Keep soldiering on matey, and always be assured that all of us here are all thinking of you, and wishing you well.

many hugs & kisses from downunder, and keep up the high spirts as best you can. luv from frog x

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Yeah get better soon Ian Or Dr Jekyll might just pay you a vistit

*Puts on rubber gloves*

lol

• Been there
    Been there

(((((Ian)))))

So glad to hear you got to feeling alittle better and could go home for a couple days. Best wishes for your hard journey ahead of you for the next few weeks. You will be well taken care of because now the nurses know they have a VIP on their hands.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thanks for the update ((((((((((Ian))))))))))), so glad to see you posting.

Sticking together with you through the unpleasant times, hoping for the very best.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Warm regards to you, hope it all goes ok

CS 101

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Great to hear from you Ian

And though you're not feeling too brilliant, I'm sure you'll be able to make the most of your day of freedom!

I hope that the treatment is successful and causes you minimum discomfort.

Keep fighting!!

• bem
    bem

(((((((((((((((((Ian)))))))))))))))))) It is great to hear from you, I am so glad to read you being positive and having your lovely family with you.

Dorothy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit