I've got $500 on Taylor Hicks to win American Idol ( 10 to 1 odds ) : )

by a Christian 153 Replies latest social entertainment

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Now just a cotton-picking minute all you northerners!!! I happen to like country music and I think Kellie is great! All of you can laugh at us poor southerners all you want but for the most part we're nice people. Since we've had so many northerners move down here, things have really changed and not for the better. People are asking where all the southern hospitality is...and the truth is the northerners have had a tremendous impact on the area! It's hard to find a real southerner anymore and that's why there's so much trouble with rudeness and road rage...we never used to have the problem! I don't really care to change my accent if it means losing my southerness...

That being said I love to drive in NY city...I can drive just like they do and I'm laughing my A$$ off the entire time!!! I should have pursued my dream of being a NASCAR driver....all my friends were really pushing me to do it!!!

My 2 top picks are still Chris and Kellie!!! I'd definately go to one of their concerts....I'd have to pass on Taylor.

Swalker (learned to drive a car when I was 7 on old southern backroads!)

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Personally, I LOVE a southern accent, especially TAYLOR'S! Yummy!

I don't mind Kellie's accent, I just don't like her singing.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I would like to point out that Southerners have dominated American Idol:

Season One Winner: Kelly Clarkson, Texas
    Runner-up: Justin G., Pennsylvania
    Season Two Winner: Ruben Studdard, Alabama
    Runner-up: Clay Aiken, North Carolina
    Season Three Winner: Fantasia Barrino, North Carolina Runner-up: Diana DeGarmo, Georgia
    Season Four Winner: Carrie Underwood, Oklahoma
    Runner-up: Bo Bice, Alabama

Of the Idols left on Season Five:

Taylor is from Alabama.
    Kellie is from North Carolina.
    Chris is from North Carolina.
    Elliot is from Virginia.Paris is from Georgia.
    Katherine is from California.

Just something to think about. I'm starting to think that Taylor might actually win this... Or could Katherine be the first non-southerner to take the title?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Because Southerners have SOUL, baby!!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Taylor Hicks did a great job on the ending of his song. The dialidol website has him out front almost every week.

They're doing love ballads next week with Andrea Bocelli, the next to be voted off after that: Chris Daughtry. He's great, but after several weeks of him singing out of his rock genre his stock has went way down.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    not gonna happen! Not when he is up against some young guy like "Ace" who looks like a model and will get the votes of every girl

....oh so wrong!!!!....ACE the FACE lost the RACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Taylor was awesome!!!!!

sammieswife..

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

we havent seen the rod stewart week here in the uk yet...

but they all deserved to go for what they did to queen

• Mulan
    Mulan

Katherine was amazing. I was thinking the same thing Paula said.............she reminded her of Mr. Holland's Opus. I still think it will come down to her and Chris in the finale.

She was just great. Kellie was not good, and I was really shocked she wasn't in the bottom 3. I liked Ace and the way he sang his song too, but agree he was destined to be voted off eventually, so it may as well have been him.

I liked Chris too, and was surprised he was so low in the count. Maybe his rocker fans didn't like the classics song. I read in a magazine that Lisa Tucker, the cute little 16 year old, voted off a few weeks back, has been signed to be a cast member of The O.C. I don't watch that show, but am glad she is getting a career out of American Idol. I really liked her, but her song choices were horrible. I also read that Mandisa was horrified about all the anti-gay publicity she's gotten. She said her song, that supposedly was written by an anti-gay song writer, that she wasn't aware of, she picked because to her it spoke about her own eating addiction. She lost 35 pounds doing American Idol. That surprised me, but when you have a lot to lose, I guess it doesn't show much for awhile.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Chris to Win; Kathrine to place; and Pickler to show. Paris will get rich, regardless, and I look forward to each & every of her performances.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well it's about time

The Pickle is gone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit