I've got $500 on Taylor Hicks to win American Idol ( 10 to 1 odds ) : )

by a Christian 153 Replies latest social entertainment

• lilybird
    lilybird

Taylor was still my favorite.. as Simon says he was "magic" and I really thought he was great.. my husband thinks Chris should go all the way.. I think Chris has an amazing rocker voice and should have a great music career.. I just think Taylor has more personality and is fun to watch as well as talent.. I love Katherine's singing also. I am hoping Ace goes tonite.. Kelly probably should go but I think she will still get the votes....Now if only I could vote....

• kid-A
    kid-A

Katherine McPhee stole the show last night and made the others look like karaoke performers.

Pickler and Ace MUST GO. Ace in particular, was appallingly bad and is only being kept afloat by the teeny bopper vote. Surprisingly, Chris was really dull last night and sort of

demonstrated that he is limited to the hard rock genre.

Whoever bet the 500 bucks on Hicks, you are out some serious cash brother, McPhee will take this competition, hands down.

• bebu
    bebu

Last night was one of the better nights of AI. I missed Katherine McPhee's performance, unfortunately.

I am sure Kellie and Ace are going to be leaving very soon. Nice folks, and their talent will keep them earning $, but there's no way that they could win this over any of the other folks.

In fact, I have a hard time figuring out which of the other five I like the best.

bebu

• Makena1
    Makena1

I really wonder how real that hillbilly act is for Kelli? Is she that naive, or is it just an act? I think she was born 25 years too late. She would be terrific on Hee - Haw. Popping up in the corn field with Buck and Roy and the others. : ) I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed last nights show. Here IMO is how they ranked: 1. Katherine 2. Chris 3. Paris 4. Elliott 5. Taylor 6. Ace 7. Kelly My pick for bottom three: Kelly Ace Elliott Probably not how America will vote however. Based on past show's, I believe the bottom three will be: Ace, Elliott, Paris - with Elliott going home unfortunately.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Katherine needs to go sing on Broadway!!! She does have a terrific voice for that! Is that what AI wants though?

Swalker

• juni
    juni

KATHERINE all the way. What talent!!!

Juni

• lilybird
    lilybird

I was surprised to see Chris in the bottom 3...not surprised to see Kelly still in the top 3(although I don't think she belongs there).. and happy to see Ace get voted off before any of the others.. I didn't like the way they put Taylor on the spot to pick the top 3....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I really wonder how real that hillbilly act is for Kelli? Is she that naive, or is it just an act?

Sad to say, that is not an act. Especially the accent. I know quit a few people from NC who still talk this way. I just hope that with all the Northerners moving down here that within the next generation the accents will improve.

I know I have a southern accent but I hope it isn't quit that deep. YIKES! LOL

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    Sad to say, that is not an act. Especially the accent. I know quit a few people from NC who still talk this way.

I work for an insurance company and one of our agents is from Kellie's hometown of Albemarle, NC. He and his staff sound exactly like Kellie.

Last night was awesome. I thought Chris' version of "What a Wonderful World" was great, but Katherine STOLE the show! She was absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

CountryGuy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I thought Taylor was ho-hum until that ending - Classic Taylor WOW

I sat and listened to Rod sing tonight I had this huge grin on my face the whole time. Fabuuuuuulous. I have 2 of his Songbook Classic 2 and 3. I could listen to the 3rd one all the time.

I was surprised Paris and Chris were in the bottom 3. I really wanted Kelly to go but it was time for Ace. Hopefully Kelly will be out the door next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit