Are we going to see a mass awakening?

by kairos 109 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

As the growth slows down, the gb will find a scripture to twist about how it was prophesied that as the end approached (TM) there would be a slowing down of the growth in jehobers organization. After all there are over 35,000 scriptures that they can twist.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• flipper
    flipper

KAIROS- Good thread, thanks for posting it . In answer to your question about how your friends will view you or wonder WHY you left the organization- I found out in my case that most of them just PRE-JUDGE you as to why you left the organization. In Steve Hassan's books he states that the common factor in many mind control cults is that the people are trained to feel that there is " no acceptable way to exit the cult where you will still be approved. ". In other words - if you leave the cult it's ALWAYS for a Satanic, negative reason in JW's eyes. A person will be looked at as " weak ", " lacking spirituality " , or looked at as " rebellious ". And that is how the WT leaders INDOCTRINATE JW's to look at any JW who leaves the organization. That's why active JW's are scared $hitless of us- their minds have been conditioned and trained to be in fear of us. It's all part of the WT mind control. If you get a chance, read Steve Hassan's books, you'll really learn a lot . The psychology of mind control is a fascinating study.

As regards how people ( JW's ) are coping with the fact that older JW's are dying. I know with my extended JW family it troubles my older siblings to see my JW parents in their late 80's - but they are like ostriches who stick their heads in the sand and don't want to address the obvious- that not only my parents will die- but so will they , me, you, everybody. They are delusional about it and once again it's due to the deceptive power of JW cult mind control. Never underestimate the power of mind control - it's wasted many a good life . I think most JW's just stick their heads in the sand and don't want to be confused with the facts

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Ya'know like on mideivel movies where a lynch mob are all carrying torches , and heading to someones house to burn them out, and kill them? Thus the fully functional WATCHTOWER at walkhill.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

eyeused2beadub - "As the growth slows down, the gb will find a scripture to twist about how it was prophesied that as the end approached (TM) there would be a slowing down of the growth in jehobers organization."

I've often thought that, too.

If they were really on the ropes, they might think it worth the risk, but the potential blowback could theoretically bite them hard; after all, that particular "prophecy" is supposed to be one of the opening salvoes of the End; if nothing else happened after that, though, then what?

I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it...

...maybe all they'd actually have to do is simply imply it to reinforce the Armageddon anxiety amongst the loyalists.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "...their minds have been conditioned and trained to be in fear of us."

Hmm; hadn't considered that.

I've always known I'd be ostracized if I ever came out publicly as an "apostate", but it never occurred to me that JWs might actually be scared of me.

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- Yeah, I've experienced seeing that fear in JW's eyes when they see me at a grocery store or somewhere in public. They actually run away from me. I had that happen in a bank parking lot when my JW daughter's Witness mother in law was about 10 feet from me in a bank parking lot and she hurried to get in her car before I could say " Hi ". I asked her how she was doing and she quickly said, " fine" with a scowl and slammed her car door shut ! LOL.

Bottom line is the WT Society tells JW's that we as ex-JW's are DANGEROUS to them spiritually, that we are " mentally diseased " and have " Satan's mind " - so it scares the Bejesus out of Witnesses because they think they'll catch " spiritual cooties" from us if they get too close. So they are indoctrinated to think we are a danger to them. One reason my JW daughters haven't associated with me for 11 years. The fear is deep within them more than you would think. They think we will change them away from the WT organization- therefore they shun us. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "They think we will change them away from the WT organization..."

Well, let's be honest, a lot of us would like to...

"Spiritual cooties"... * snicker *

There's another one for the "Apostate Dictionary".

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I've always known I'd be ostracized if I ever came out publicly as an "apostate", but it never occurred to me that JWs might actually be scared of me.

They are terrified of you, Vidiot. Terrified.

I saw the look of terror in a JW's eyes when I opened my door one day. Standing on the other side of my door were two JW women that I had never seen before - total strangers.

But, they knew who I was - the first thing out of the one woman's mouth was "Oh! We aren't supposed to call on you!" I was taken aback a bit and asked her how she knew who I was. She replied that I had "been pointed out to her" once in public. I guess I am now on the 'official apostate list'. I never received a return visit.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just ran in to a sister one of my wife's friends and her two kids at the store. The only one I made eye contact with was the oldest boy about 14. The look on his face when he say me and not knowing what to do or say. I just said hi and kept walking, he replied with a greeting but you could tell he wasn't sure what to do. Last time I saw his mother and father {he's not even baptized} neither talked to me. I'm not even df'd or dA'd,

I'm hoping all the older ones dying off will expose them for no growth for more will die and leave in the coming years then can be replaced by staying born ins.

• looter
    looter
    ha, spiritual cooties. Don't think the awakening will be massive but more people will wake up as the time goes. Remember that thread where only one person got baptized with 1500 in attendance? So there is definitely a certain enlivening going on. But it will never be huge all at once because you still have the cult stigma and guilt factor associated with the brothers and sisters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit