Are we going to see a mass awakening?

by kairos 109 Replies latest jw friends

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Funny, I read all the same posts as 'wakeupbuttercup' but do not see any 'anger', 'sorrow' or 'hatred' in OrphanCrow. However I can potentially see someone getting quite annoyed by someone making such assumptions... perhaps it would be better just to ask someone if they are angry?

OrphanCrow are you angry?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

OrphanCrow are you angry?

Thank you, Mash. that is very kind, considerate and respectful for you to ask.

No, I am not angry. And yes, I was getting a little annoyed.

I get annoyed at some things - mosquitoes, not having sugar for my coffee this morning, taking over two hours to sign in today and having to uninstall my browser 3 times, and then re-install a different browser. Those things all annoy me. I also get annoyed at having to do dishes every day.

It is frustrating. But those things, along with people who aren't considerate, don't make me angry. If I was angry, everyone would certainly know. I have no problem at all expressing anger when it is appropriate. (Yes, Abigail, it is appropriate to be angry at times.)

But, after I exercised my right to indifference, and went to bed calmly and happily last night, I thought about our Abigail's reaction to my posts and realized that it was a prime example as to why so many people will never 'wake up'. There are many people who are only comfortable being victims, and they will go out of their way to make everyone around them into a victim, too, so that they have company in their chosen role.

So, Abigail, I don't love you. I don't know you and I am careful with who I give my affections to. I only offer my love to people I know and care about.

And, I don't hate you, either. Hate is exactly the same emotion as love - it means that the person hating cares. Caring is a characteristic of both emotions.

Abigail your offer of forgiveness is meaningless - I have done nothing to be forgiven for. However, if it makes you feel better to be so self-sacrificing, then go at it.

Again...Mash, thank you for asking. I hope all is well with you and yours. Have a happy day!

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

Listen to you words. Listen to your heart as you speak those words.

- let go of anger

signed with love

abigail

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

Let's bring in the human in us - let go of negative feelings

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

So anyway - if you need someone to talk to who won't judge and understand how you feel and will give you tough love, PM me.

i only come in peace.

signed with love

abigail

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@ OrphanCrow

All's well thanks... good luck with the anger management course ;o)

@ WUBC

{Rolls eyes}

• kairos
    kairos

With the estimated 100k JWs leaving every year, that's a lot of donation potential the GB needs.

Jehovah needs money.

Where are the "real" growth stats?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think it more then a 100k, kids leaving in droves more and more people waking up do to the Internet and more exjws speaking out. It used to be people left and said nothing and this just led to the idea that they were a sinner or something. Now people are leaving and speaking out to thier relatives and friends. I say the real number of actual baptised members is around 5 million and falling as more people leave and a lot of older ones die off.
  • kairos
    kairos

I sure hope you are right.

Again my biggest fear is mass suicide when the walls of Watchtower come crashing down.

If GB members end up in prison or are forced to testify in court, it'll all happen very quickly.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I don't think there will be an awakening.

Most info on TTATT is in english ... there are so many jw's that do not speak english.

plus, there are so many (english speakers and not) who just refuse to read/listen to anything that criticize the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit