Never throw away those Watchtowers and Awakes!

by free2beme 40 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

I throw mine away once their date is older than the current month. As soon as I the current study magazine is completed, in the trash it goes,

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

At the hospital I worked at, every couple days I had a route that went thru the waiting rooms and collected all the WT literature. Didn't take long till the other nurses would pick it up if they saw some laying around. They'd leave it in our break room for me to have fun tearing up. Pretty soon there'd be a pile we'd leave so if one of us got really pissed off we'd have something to take our frustration on and just tear the hell out of it.

shell

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i took 4 shopping bags full of mag.s ripped them all up into little pieces, then dumped them all in front of the door at the local kingdum hall. I think they got the message. of how i feel about the mag's. sorry i wasn't there , to watch some dub. pick up all those little pieces of paper. btw about 2000 pages of apostate material. was left in a neat pile. let's just hope , some dub took home that pile. john

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The attitude I got from the magazine counter bro when I ordered only '1 + 1' magazines. Do I not intend to go out in field service? (um, no actually).

• rekless
    rekless

There was an congregation servant in Mississippi in the 60s that used to throw all of his mags out in his goat's pen, said, "These things keep your shoes clean when you stomp around in the pen, they aren't inspired of God anyway. The only thing sacred is the Bible." It never bothered me to throw out the mags.

• rebel8
    rebel8

My mother called the WTS to ask if it was ok to throw away worn out bibles and magazines she had since bought in bound volume format. She said they told her to dispose of it like Americans dispose of old flags, try to do it in a respectful manner. So I guess that means, burn them. Good thing patriotic Americans are seen as exemplary by the WTS, right?

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Wow blondie that's crazy, burying and hiding literature LOL, but hey, that mentality is similar to my mom's. All of our experiences would make for one bizarre and funny movie!

IC

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

I clean the windows for an elderly JW couple, who still treat me as a friend and give me a cup of tea each time i go....

They have a spare bedroom and the bed is literally covered with hundreds of old Watchtowers and Awakes. That set me thinking...how many Watchtowers are printed...each issue...around 23 million...ok..there are 6 million active JWs...each one should have a personal copy...so that brings it down to around 17 million.

Then there are around another 10 million at the memorial..(many of them already JWs but inactive)...taking into account a number of families attend...lets say another 4 million get a regular order of mags...down to 13 million.

Most of the Jws have route calls with the mags...they have been going for years..you know they dont read the mags, because they still wish you merry christmas when youve been going for 10 years..and it was just a way of getting another precious hour or two in on the ministry. So if each publisher has just 1 route call...thats another 6 million placed..down to 7 million.

Now how many householders took the magazines from you just to get rid of you? You could tell couldnt you, the way they snatched them out of your hand and shut the door before you'd had chance to get into a decent discussion on the book of Ezekiel with them.

Finally, how many magazines ended up collecting dust in your house...especially those hard to place ones with front cover titles such as 'What Isaiahs prophecy means for you'. We would get around 7 of each and sometimes we would end up with half of them on the bookshelf...so my guess is there are a few million unplaced magazines every issue.

So out of 23 million Watchtowers...i reckon the actual number which are studiously read by members of the public probably amounts to a few thousand.....all that wood..or whatever they are produced from nowadays! What a waste ..but it sure looks good on their resume!

• lowden
    lowden

6 months ago i moved house. It was a big exorcism for me. Been DFed for 5 yrs now and moving was a new start. I went to the went to the waste paper recycling dump and threw away.......30 yrs worth of bound volumes (60of 'em), 2 massive boxes of other books, including my 'shining as illuminators' pioneer school book, 15 yrs of meticulously collected and filed kingdom ministries.......a helluva load. Do i feel like i'm forever cursed? Naa...i feel fine.

Peace

Lowden

• Gill
    Gill

LOL! That reminds me of my mother ringing me one day.

'Your father's been down the tip today and do you know what he found!? Some brothers have taken all their old books and magazines down there, a couple of big boxes full and thrown them away! But we KNOW who they are! Your father checked the names inside!! ....Some people have got NO conscience at all!!'

She was thoroughly disgusted and YES she has one small bedroom packed high with old mags, books etc.

What the hell am I going to do with them all when both my parents die, in another twenty plus years time?! How many more rooms will be full of the crap?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit