Never throw away those Watchtowers and Awakes!

by free2beme 40 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

When the time comes Gill....ya go and throw 'em in the waste paper skip!! I was always led to believe, even when i was in the org, that it's only paper. You could use it all to light the bonfire on the 5th of November...'Build a bonfire, build a bonfire put the Watchtowers on the top, they are fleecing and misleading and i couldn't give a toss'.........

Peace

Lowden

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Stamp them all across the front with big red letters that say "CULT" and dump them at the nearest Kingdom Hall. I'm sure they can find a place for them.

CG

• free2beme
    free2beme

One of the most exciting events in my post-Witness life, was when I threw every publication I had, in the trash. I only kept the Bibles we used on stage at our wedding, everything else went to landfill. I bet the garbage man loved me that week. Those things are heavy, when you put them all together. Every now and then, when digging through boxes and such, I run across a Watchtower or Awake that were overlooked. I toss them, and sometimes look through them for a laugh. I found my old book bag a few years ago, and notes were in their for a talk I was working on. I was so full of it.

• Clam
    Clam

I wish I'd kept all of mine. Old comics, although full of over imaginative tacky prose and fictional characters are becoming more and more collectable.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

You will find all of my old Watchtowers and Awakes at the local landfill.

I threw mine away frequently while I was attending. In fact, that was how I would "place" magazines. When I threw out the old copies, I would write down on my time sheet how many I "placed."

Anyone else care to admit that?

I don't think I ever turned in an honest time sheet.

• Gill
    Gill

lowden - I'll keep in mind the Nov 5th idea! Brilliant!

• defective light
    defective light

I helped a JW friend clean out his moms house after she died, I was amazed how many 50 gallon black plastic garbage bags were filled with Watchtowers and Awakes that we loaded up into a pickup truck and dumped at a landfill, It more than filled the 8' bed of a pickup truck. ( I wondered why they put them in black plastic bags?)

I felt orgasmic.....wanted to spank my monkey for joehoba........

Doin' my part...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I remember thoes rags laying around my mothers house for some time. Every now and again she would throw out all but one copy of each issue. It's not like she never bought bound volumes. Im not sure why she felt compelled to keep one copy.

• whyizit
    whyizit

If any of you have extras of the What Does God Require?, The Trinty publication, and/or Does Blood Save Lives?--and you are thinking about tossing them in the trash, I hope you will PM me and let me have a crack at getting them! I could use them to help some of my friends who are trying to get family out of the WTS. Getting familiar with these and knowing where and when to ask questions is a great help! And that little Knowledge book is a handy one too. Before you throw away any of these, please consider ME! I would be using them for the greater good!

• mjs mouse, ben
    mjs mouse, ben

My JW Mother was always urging us to never throw away ANY of the printed material from the WT Corporation because there would come a time when the government would stop the printing and preaching work. Where o where would we then get our spiritual food from?.......Darn! I really believed that at one time....talk about being brainwashed,lol. Anywho, when I finally came out of the JW trance, all those watchtowers, awakes, tracts and books that had accumulated in the shed were hauled off in a moving van to....yep u guessed it...the nearest landfill!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit