Never throw away those Watchtowers and Awakes!

by free2beme 40 Replies latest jw friends

• beezknees
    beezknees

we put ours in the paper recycling bin i figure its the best good that ever came out of those magazines

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I don't know if it was the cheap paper or living near Lake Michigan with high humidity, but after awhile, they'd discolor and turn brown-ish! Yuck! At that point we'd haul a stack of them to the laundromat. Sometimes, instead of leaving just one inside the door of a (pretending to be) not at home, we kids would leave 3 or 4 and scamper off, haha!

• kristyann
    kristyann

These JWs used to come into this restaurant I worked at and give the employees their literature. It never happened to me, though... but I know a girl that worked there was afraid to throw them out when someone handed something to her. She wasn't a JW or religious in any way, but if anyone, JW or any other religious affiliation, gave her a tract or something, she was afraid to throw it out and refused to. Someone else would. She seemed to think it was okay to hand it to someone else and ask them to throw it out, but she couldn't physically put it in the garbage herself. Isn't that weird?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Just a point of clarification. Virtually every piece of lit. the Society prints is 'sold' whether it ends up in attics or landfills or is placed for a contribution. The Society consigns liturature to the congs. based on a standing order and the pubs. pay for it. If the cong. gets stuck with unclaimed lit. they go before the pubs at the service meeting and tell them they are coming up short on paying the Society lit bill and the pubs kick it in.

I also had a bonfire and it was very cathartic.

• Purza
    Purza

Believe it or not my "holier than thou" elder dad would use the mags for fire starter periodically. Probably when the bound volumes came out. I am happy to say that I no longer have any literature (except the Family Book that me and my husband like to read as a joke).

Purza

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm putting a stack out every 2 weeks with my recycling. It's kind of embarassing, because I don't want the garbage man to think I'm some kind of stupid cultist, but it would be too time consuming to shred this pile of junk.

W

• luna2
    luna2

I used to have stacks and stacks of them sitting around. I still have a garbage bag full that I stored in a closet and just found today. So stupid treating these rags like they are of any importance at all and storing them for years. They are going out in the trash first thing tomorrow.

I know there's a box of books in the attic. I might go rummaging around up there tomorrow...I might keep one of each just for reference. I'll have to see how I feel about it.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Ya'll are gonna laugh, but, my mom the pioneer would say that we should save all the old mags because when the persecution starts and we can no longer congregate, we can read all those old mags for spiritual food, and pass them on to those that had to flee with nothing , Oh now I feel sooooo stooooopid, because I really believed that CRAP!!!!!! Today I can proudly say, that I have DUMPED all those garbage bags full of WTS GARBAGE OUT !!!

IC

• Balsam
    Balsam

I would try to con the pioneers take the old ones to leave in the doors, and if that failed in the trash they went. LOL I refused to have years and years of old magazines sitting around taking up space.

Balsam

• blondie
    blondie
    Ya'll are gonna laugh, but, my mom the pioneer would say that we should save all the old mags because when the persecution starts and we can no longer congregate, we can read all those old mags for spiritual food,

I know of JWs the generation before mine who put hid publications in secret hideaways in their houses, even building them into new ones. I was shown several secret spots and never saw a single Bible hidden away. Some even had them hidden in holes in the yard. One brother was having an addition put on the house he inherited from his JW mother and the builders dug up a trunk with rotting WT magazines and books.

That's what happened to the people who run this website. They were behind the iron curtain and didn't keep up with the new light and felt that the WTS of today were the apostates.

http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/

http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/faith.html

Blondie

BTW, the new light they object to is the return in 1962 to the teaching that the superior authorities were the secular authorities. From 1879 to 1929, the WTS taught that it was the secular authorities, From 1929 to 1962 it was hammered in the publications that only God and Jesus were the superior authorities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit