A long overdue statement

by truthsetsonefree 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• metatron
    metatron

You must have enormous endurance. I can barely stand listening to the nonsense preached from the stage at a single meeting.

For awhile, I thought the organization had a chance to reform - but no longer.

You might want to consider that now, it is far more likely that decline and dissolution face the Watchtower, in a manner similar

to communism. You might want to also consider that the very elements that might bring about change are being removed -

such as various sympathetic brothers at Bethel ( layoffs) and the continuing loss of elders who actually cared about the flock,

as opposed to the 'company men' taking over.

metatron

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is all true. It is a double life and I am under no delusions that some massive change will take place, certainly not from my efforts. And hey, listen at meetings? I definitely mss a lot, (with good excuse of course ), or find things to do when there. And Thank God for a Treo handheld so I can read email/browse the Web when it gets too boring. Now if I could just logon and post from there....

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Cudos! I too am a member in good standing, and I intend to stay that way. I am extremely thankful I was born a lowly woman rendering me unable to serve as an elder. :) It keeps me from ethical conflicts such as those you must endure. I know other brothers such as yourself. They keep me sane. While you may not change the organization, I am sure you impact individuals greatly.

You do not have to worry about 'changing' the organization. Jehovah will. Please remember that the organization was never intended to exist! But for Adam's sin, we would not have this organization. It is an unnatural solution to an unnatural situation; hence, it does not work. But, the last days of this world are also the last days of this organization!

Please hang in there.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    tsof: Is that what my two therapists are for?

Would that be Dr. J. Daniels and Dr. J. Beam?

I believe I have a had a few sessions on the couch with those fellows myself, once or twice while trying to stay in.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Sorry, but you are wasting your time. Eventually you will be forced to teach something you know to be wrong. You can't pick and choose all your talks.

I have to agree with this statement. You start picking and choosing too many times and feelers will go up and some elder on your body will want to know why.

My husband is also in and believe me eventually someone will notice that you don't tow the party line. Someone noticed that my husband was not including the faithful slave in his prayers. Imagine that.

But it is noble of you to stay in. It takes a lot of guts to stay in and tolerate all the crap.

I would like my husband to step down. I don't know how he does it.

Kudos to all of you that are still elders.

wanna

• calico
    calico
    Furthermore, I have opportunity to serve on and to chair many JCs. In some ways this is one of the paramount reasons why I remain an elder. Namely to show kindness and consideration to those who end up in this procedure. A committee swayed here, someone not df'd there, is just one more person/family that can be spared the unkind treatment often meted out when one is df'd.

THANK-YOU! An elder like you kept my mom from being df'd! I believe this particular elder could see who was really at fault, but could not push the issue because of the other two heartless, woman-hating creeps!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Uh..no offense but...

I have opportunity to serve on and to chair many JCs.

You're a hypocrite. You sit in judgement...when if the truth were known about your time spent here having intellectual intercourse with "apostates"...you would be THROWN out. You can fool yourself all you want with your "good intentions", but you're still a hypocrite.

It's kinda like trying to clean up the Nazi party from within...it ain't happenin.

"You can't polish a turd"- French Proverb

u/d(of the irony class)

• joelbear
    joelbear

i wish you no ill feelings, but i do sincerely believe you are wasting your time. go help homeless people or something productive.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

As an alternate way of looking at things, if you actually want reforms how do you really expect to get that to happen if you aren't creating any pressure on the system that would produce reform?

From your description of your work, what you are doing is working within the system to keep it stable which will cause it to continue as is without generating any reformation pressure. Your description of your actions is directly contrary to your stated objectives. I don't understand how you believe your efforts will help reforms occur. I would like to understand, though, so please explain if you can.

Nothing would create reform pressure to the same degree as massive disfellowshippings and reprovals. If you think the organization should be spared from eventual elimination, please explain why.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• calico
    calico

I think most witnesses live a double life anyway--so what's the difference? If I were to take a stand against the so-called 'truth' then I would lose my family and all my friends. I couldn't deal with it--at least not now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit