A long overdue statement

by truthsetsonefree 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cellist
    Cellist

Well, I wish you all the best. Hopefully you're family will see through it all soon.

Cellist

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

wow..this has been one of the most interesting posts to me.

I think it is very noble work of you. I think every bit of compassion you can offer is appreciated by those on the receiving end. I think giving a lot of us insight into what is going on is also a great service you can provide for the greater good. I don't envy you for the "crisis of conscience" you will and are enduring. I wish someone would talk some sense into my ex-g-friend.

• Jez
    Jez

Sooooooooooooo in other words, you aren't really a Jehovah's Witness.

Jez

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

There is no way to walk the line perfectly. I do quite a bit of community service (not the JW kind). In fact it has replaced traditional JW field service for me. I think knocking on people's doors preaching lies is a waste of my time. Between being kind to those inside who are held captive and being useful in the community and to my family, my time is pretty well booked up. (Incidentally, working in the community is for me an effective exit strategy as I can build relationships to replace ones in the organization.)

I would like nothing better than to see this organization crumble. But as many have already said that is not likely to happen. It is ironic to help people stay in through mercy. There are no perfect answers. I will say this: There are thousands of JWs who don't give a damn about Watchtower. They do what they want and use the WTS for their own personal reasons. And many who are just 'reproved' instead of df'd still fade. But at least they do so at their own pace. And after fading they are still able to be in touch with their JW families even if they are unpopular. Understand, I know this is not for everyone and I know that in another congregation I would not survive. I have developed some unique circumstances that allow me to circumvent many restrictions that would normally 'send up red flags' in the minds of ignorant, die-hard JWs. Even where I am at currently, one day it may all come crashing down. But then that will a big win as well. In the meantime I have been able to interact with the media as an elder which provides some unique perspectives. As I may have hinted at, I do not care much about the Society's rules and doctrines as they have no right, God given or otherwise to make them. So I don't follow them. Hope this answers some of the issues.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Jez:

Now you got it.

• shadow
    shadow

tsof,

I was in a similar position until a few months ago, now no longer an elder.

Through personal letters to HQ, as well as experiences of others, it seems clear they are aware of problems but will not even acknowledge that they exist.

Locally I talked to some brothers on HLC and they were either too uneducated to even think that there was any basis for questions about blood or just company men in the pattern of Baghdad Bob.

"Lying is forbidden in Iraq. President Saddam Hussein will tolerate nothing but truthfulness as he is a man of great honor and integrity. Everyone is encouraged to speak freely of the truths evidenced in their eyes and hearts."

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Sooooooooooooo in other words, you aren't really a Jehovah's Witness

That would be my comment as well. Truthsetsonefree, I am also a JW but in name only. I stick around because I believe in God and the Bible and want to see the WTS reap what it has sewed and I want to see it from inside the org. You’re no hypocrite despite what some here say. Hang in there until they hang you out to dry, I intend to.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Wow, you sound like a very nice person, there should be more elders like you, good work!!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

TSOF

It seems to me that you are walking on egg shells. There is bound to be some idiot elder thinking about what he might be able to do to you.

I am really not sure what to think about your staying in and trying to help.

If I were you I would be looking for the first good time to leave the rest of the jw's to their OWN lives and be concerned for my well being and family and let the rest handle it on their own.

I wonder, do you feel such severe guilt from the past that you must redeem your self??

If so it is not wise to sacrifice your self mentally, to help others that ought to be helping them selves.

I do not think you are a hypocrite but I find your goals rather odd.

Outoftheorg

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I completely understand what you are doing. I wish I could do the same thing. I served in Bethel and as an Elder. I left Bethel and stopped being an Elder for family matters. One side of me tells me go and help the flock but the other side says it will wreck havoc on your mind.

There is some sound counsel from other posters, but you know your limits.

WAC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit