IS THERE A SAFE/EFFECTIVE WAY?

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Now that I'm single again I face the same problem that many Baby Boomers face: how in the world do you meet somebody??

I don't go to bars.

I don't like smokers.

I am not nutty enough to be attracted to young and dumb.

Crazy music isn't my cup o' tea.

I like conversation with at least some minimal content.

Online dating service seem outrageously weird to me.

What's a poor lad to do?

Any reccomendations? (Serious ones; I can make up my own jokes, thank you.)

Everybody you meet is either irrational about Jeezus or so free-spirited they're covered with tatoos and a shiny nose-ring.

I just want a normal person. Is there any such thing as NORMAL anymore?

I'm not looking for Paris Hilton; just a person who has taken reasonable care of themselves. I'm not desperate and I'm not in a hurry.

Just called me "concerned".

T.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Terry - Online or Speed dating. The only way to fly. Seriously!

Get your feet wet, try match.com or one of the other services. What do you have to lose?

• upside/down
    upside/down

go gay?

u/d

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I met my wife a our local fitness center. We both love exercising and hit it off pretty quick.

You could also visit and maybe join some local clubs. If your into the outdoors join a hiking/biking club or if your into books join a bookclub.

Don't underestimate the on-line dating scene. Just think, your soulmate could be just across town and you may never meet unless you do the on-line dating scene.

Good luck.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Terry, try doing something that you LOVE to do that involves other people, whether it be volunteering, educational, artsy or recreational. You're bound to meet someone with at least one similar interest and probably worth conversation for starters.

Frannie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Mmmmmm sometimes I wish I was single....sometimes

• Terry
    Terry

Okay--I'll take these suggestions seriously.

Keep em' coming!

And now.....off to MATCH.COM!!

• Mary
    Mary

What about praying and attending your local ASSemblies?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I agree with frannie, getting involved in activities you enjoy will bring you in contact with all sorts of people who share the same interests. I came across your music one day on freeminds, it was great stuff! I'm sure you'll be albe to impress a few ladies with your talent.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What about praying and attending your local ASSemblies?

Now there's a way to find a normal person! Why didn't I think of that?

Terry, I wish you luck, but I won't make any suggestions. I have a lot of experience meeting people that are wrong for me, and it's a skill I'd rather not pass along.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit