IS THERE A SAFE/EFFECTIVE WAY?

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Terry, forget all those below average dating sites. Here is where you need to go:

http://www.dreammatches.com/

You have to post a picture of yourself and then get VOTED in if you look good enough. Hope you make the cut!!!

Swalker

• Terry
    Terry
    Well, I mean come on! It IS Ann Rand!

Who is John Galt, my ass!

AYN RAND had an incredible intellect, but, her personal psychology was ultimately self-defeating.

I buy her Objectivism 99%.

How people respond to her fictional characters and try to imitate them is, frankly, weird! It is like a Star Trek convention or something. I don't get it.

T.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Heh...heh...heh...YOU don't have a thing to worry about...Be yourself when around the ladies, drop subtle hints about being single...the girls will trip over themselves getting to you...

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Terry, I don't think you will have a problem, why with your looks (if that's your picture) your intellect, and your musical talents, I think you'd be a great catch! If I were ever single again I think i'de try e-harmony.com, this way you can save alot of time and heartache going after someone who's totally wrong for you.

The suggestion of doing things you love, and meeting potential people there is also a good idea. I wish you luck Terry, let us know when you meet the lucky woman. Also, if you look and act young for your age take advantage of it, look for someone that falls in that age range, something like 40 and up, by this time women have more substance.

IC

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, I don't think you will have a problem, why with your looks (if that's your picture) your intellect, and your musical talents, I think you'd be a great catch! If I were ever single again I think i'de try e-harmony.com, this way you can save alot of time and heartache going after someone who's totally wrong for you.

I took a new photograph.

I am faced with the fact I look better when you damned near turn the light completely off!

It is horrifying really.

When you have to make a kind of personal resume' you are faced with who and what you are.

If you misrepresent it in any way the disappointment of the OTHER will destroy everything.

I'm amazed at how small my life has become.

I've shrunk to atom size.

Not much to represent, really.

Maybe I'm just not ready for Prime Time.

T.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

if a woman is that focused on ' the look" then she's probably too shallow to be " normal"

go to the mall and look at the men who have smiles on their faces and a woman on their arm.

they're not brad pitt..they're average joes who might be too short, too tall, too fat , too thin and their woman might be too thin, too fat, too something to make it on these rate a date websites that judge you only by your looks.

i'm shaped like a barrel and i found a damn good love! looks aint everything and believe me, ive found out no one judges your looks as harshly as you yourself do.. so put that aside and press on!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Candidly cute is quite explicit and honest, with a good sense pf humor. I think you should see if she has a sister or can find someone for you. Actually all you have to do is force your self to socialize. Be somewhat open with others around you and let them know that you are thinking about, maybe, possibly, marrying. Once the ladies get this they will spread the word and you will be seeing the results. Even date the ones who don't seem attractive to you, this is like taking a class in college. Teach yourself with their help, how to act and behave. DON'T be in a hurry You have to create your real personality and dump the one that the wbts installed for you in this area of dating and romance. How do I know this? Because at the age of 62 this is what I had to FORCE myself to do. Outoftheorg

• Terry
    Terry
    if a woman is that focused on ' the look" then she's probably too shallow to be " normal"

There is something hardwired into our DNA that makes us gravitate toward the physical and it supercedes the higher brain's wishes. That reptilian brainstem wants what it wants and drools when it sees it.

Here is my problem. I'm basically shy.

It makes it far more comfortable for me when the woman is agressive because I'm something she sees and wants.

If I had the natural male-predator instinct I'd just charm my way through. I can be incredibly charming! (I know, I know it is hard to believe--but, it is very true.)

I just think charm is a bunch of gooey hoakum and distracts from the real deal.

The sexiest woman I ever knew was the least attractive. I had bigger boobs than she did. But, her attitude, her manner, her fire just lit the fuse!

So, you are correct.

But, she wasn't shy and I am!

You know what would be really really useful.

Why don't the women out there tell me a couple of things that make you INSTANTLY decide positively for a guy on first meeting. (I think I know pretty well the negatives.)

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I just think charm is a bunch of gooey hokum and distracts from the real deal.

I think charm is like the icing that's on the cake. It's not required, but it makes the cake going down, even more inviting. Charm is OK, and I think a lot of women appreciate it, but it is a bit trite, once it is we come down to the brass tacks of life and love. As with most relationships, the glitter and gloss wears off over time and we are suddenly introduced from our representatives in their respective skins, to the real people we have been courting and cow towing to.

We get a chance to see each other for who we really are, and not just the one who we were interested in for the sake of getting some. I mean, what's the bottom line within seeking out a partner? The desire to as quickly as possible with reasonably as few hurdles to jump, to get that person in bed, everything else in the middle is entirely transitory. So having a degree of charm is probably going to make stomaching the real person we are more palatable when they come to meet them.

• luna2
    luna2

Why don't the women out there tell me a couple of things that make you INSTANTLY decide positively for a guy on first meeting.

Somebody who seems genuinely interested. Somebody who isn't all about scoring points at other people's expense. Somebody who can carry on a conversation. Somebody who is amusing and fun to be with.

That's all I can come up with. So much of attraction is chemistry.

Good Luck in your quest, Terry. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit