May I throw a fit?

by skyman 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I must be in a bad mood the last couple weeks on this board.

That's ok. I'm always in a bad mood. Have fun!

W

• serendipity
    serendipity

I agree in part. If I were Queen of the board:

I think the rudeness in unnecessary and unkind and deserving of 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

The people who post some rude comment without addressing the thread topic should just skip the thread.

For those that do post, they should disagree agreeably.

As far as the long posts, some people on this board LIKE to read long posts if it's a subject they're interested in. You know - Intellectuals.

Every topic can't be reduced to a 15 second sound byte.

For those long posts, skip them.

As for long posts killing your thread, oh well, that's a risk you take on a DB full of intelligent and long-winded people.

I would also ask you to introspectively examine reasons this bugs you so much.

(And because I wanted to yank your chain a bit, I was going to make this a really long post, with a lot highlighting and red text, but decided against it. )

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree there is no place for rudeness but all of us and I mean ALL of us , can have the wrong buttons pushed. People who say that Islam is a peaceful religion or similar will make my blood boil - and I will resort to one -line ridicule. It is wrong I know and I should not stoop so low. Similarly when you have people talking about UFOs/Masons/Illuminati etc it will be a red flag to some. You have to remember , this is mainly an ex-witness board. People have come out of a religion that holds ridiculous views and so when they see what they perceive as equally if not more so ridiculous views, it opens the poster up to some ridicule. I know it is wrong but it is only natural. The person you mention in the post by the way and we all know who you are talking about is one of the top 5 people on this board tha tI respect

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

skyman:

I must be in a bad mood the last couple weeks on this board. I see people that a critical and mean. Yes I even do this, but only in self-defense and not proud of it either.

So you behave in a way you're ashamed of, but you're posting this to complain about other people who do the same thing? Maybe they think they're doing it in self-defense as well, and maybe they're not proud of it either.

When PMJ post people get nasty and rude to him.

PMJ posts hateful, poorly formatted nonsense. Sometimes the responses are dismissive. I'm usually of the opinion that responding to trolls like him is a waste of time.

When someone posts about the Masons, Illuminati, or some other group of people, the board gets rude and nasty to them.

Most of us have had our fill of silly conspiracy theories. When someone continues to post such obvious claptrap, they're usually given short shrift. And there is no "board" that can get rude and nasty, only individuals.

There is one lady on the board that thinks she is the smartest person in the world and from day one has rubbed me the wrong way.

Let's be clear here. You're talking about Leolaia, right?

I do admit when she post most of the time I agree with her. But I cannot stand how she does it. It makes me want to take the other side of the discussion because her post goes on and on forever and she writes in an authoritative style, Highlighting in RED letters and Bold letters then comments with her own thoughts that never seam to end.

Leolaia writes in an authoritative style about subjects on which she is extremely knowledgeable. She highlights the important parts of the post in order to make it easier for those who wish to skim and aren't overly interested in the details. She clearly spends a lot of time and effort to produce incredibly detailed and informative posts.

She will take up the entire thread. I know when she post on my thread it is a dead thread because her post are so long and forceful most people stop reading the thread. Be respectful, post your thoughts in as few of words as possible. People do not like to read long post as a general rule of thumb.

People don't like to read long posts that make no sense. Those who are interested in Biblical history love Leolaia's posts. Those of us who appreciate dedication, thoroughness and accuracy admire her greatly. I have never known her to be disrespectful or rude. It's mind-boggling that you would start a thread complaining about the supposed nastiness of "the board" without providing any real examples and then attack one of the most intelligent and valuable members of the board simply because you don't like her posting style. I guess you're still sulking about the "Kolbrin Bible" thread, right? (See http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/108312/1.ashx)

• Chimene
  • Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Skyman

I think alot of us here have done that already. And I agree with you that sometimes posters are rude. I'll admit that on some threads (e.g. aliens or Bible Codes) I get a little carried away and poke fun at some of the ideas expressed in them. If any of the posters to those particular threads were hurt by my comments, I apologize. (edit to add: while I'm at it, I apologize to you if my using red in jest offends you. Its only meant in fun dude)

I completely disagree with you though, on your different rant about what can only be Leolaia's posts. She just wants to give any readers the benefit of what she's learned. The wealth of research she distills into the posts are phenomenal. The tone of her posts have always struck me as being very objective and never given me the slightest hint of being personal rebuffs. Just focus on the material.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Leolaia writes in an authoritative style about subjects on which she is extremely knowledgeable. She highlights the important parts of the post in order to make it easier for those who wish to skim and aren't overly interested in the details. She clearly spends a lot of time and effort to produce incredibly detailed and informative posts.

I appreciate it when someone makes the effort to do this. Sometimes I have the time to read a lengthy post, but not often. Such strategic formatting helps me find the main points quickly.

W

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I agree with all of you and although I was tempted to post what I think is rude, I then think that it would just make me as bad as the others... so I really do agree with all of you in one way or another.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think it's rude to call people and insinuate stuff without naming them. We all know that you're refering to Leolaia. Do smart women give you an inferiority complex?

Just try to chill and take things a little less personally. It's a good board, full of good people. full of mostly good contributions.

Personally the Masonic threads get my goat (poor pun, I know ) because they are full of unsubstantiated speculation that make "apostates" look like loonies, especially when they are repeated daily (yup, that's to you TATTy and Rigbot). Other than that this place tends to run in cycles. It's worth checking to see if there's a full moon, before taking umbrage at something someone said.

• MerryMagdalene

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit