are British people boring?

by Ellie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

My husband is English, and he is far from boring. His entire family is still in England and they are NOT boring. I love their sense of humour and think it is better than ours. He enjoys Eastern Canadian humor because he says it is close to the English sense of 'what is funny'. I also enjoy how they play with the English language more than we do.

!! Jez

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Titfer that John Cleese is wearing is quintissentially British

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

How 'bout Hyacinth Bucket, of "Keeping Up Appearances?" And there was Benny Hill. Hilarious, and I love the accents, don't you know, dahlings!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I've worked with a couple of British people and they were anything but boring. However, I'm sure there are some boring people in Britain, just as there are in the US.

Also, have you ever watched CSPAN (or one of those cable channels) show a session of the House of Commons? WOW! Those MPs are really passionate about thier government! There's so much yelling and screaming that it makes the US Congress look like the Weather Channel.

CountryGuy

• upside/down
    upside/down

Are you sure you didn't mean to say...British Cuisine is boring?

u/d(of the hates mutton class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have always loved the British, Irish, Scottish and Welsh people. Nothing boring at all about those accents or music.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

British Cuisine is boring?

Steak and Kidney pudding, Black Pudding, Pigs Trotters; Tea and Crumpet; Haggis and neeps; Haggis and Chips; Curry and Chips; Cod and Chips; Bubble and Squeak; Bacon sarnie; Goosnargh cakes, Chorley Cakes; Eccles Cakes; Bakewell Tart

what on earth do you mean

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The re-enactment of Pearl Harbor by the Batley Town's Women's Guild (Monty Python at their best in drag):

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

British people boring? Naaaah. (John Cleese: The Announcer in a bikini)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Aaaw cmon don't be like that! A little uptight and whiny maybe, but as soon as you're put at ease you're as dull as everybody else... :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit