are British people boring?

by Ellie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

I love the British!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Ok here's what formed some of my own mental pictures of Brit culture. It was a totally second-hand account since I've never been to the UK, so keep that in mind...

A teacher I had was talking about his trip to the UK and just how DULL it was riding the train. People would whisper to their companions, not even making eye contact with others, preferring to look down at the floor. He contrasted this with his train ride in Spain, where complete strangers were gabbing away, laughing out loud, sharing food, etc.

But I realize I have to see for myself one day what its really like over there. My few experiences with British people here in the States has been totally postive. A funny one was at a gathering of employees when some Irish contractors drank a British contractor under the table and got the poor chap in big trouble with his wife.

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Pubs would give you a much much better idea than a train.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Mrs.Jones, you can have mine now if you like, he is house trained and I won't charge you for him.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've just read this on another forum and thought it was quite good. One of the British national daily newspapers is asking readers "what it means to be British?" Some of the emails are hilarious but this is one from a chap in Switzerland. "Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. And the most British thing of all? "Suspicion of anything foreign."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOL Ellie

• G Money
    G Money

England the best country? It probably wasn't for dental work or the weather. That's a new one for me!

• ezra
    ezra

well how about the beatles,faulty towers and so forth

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Britain was voted the best country in the world, but the British people the most boring.

How? You guys gave us Smarties and Monty Phython! The randy Birds with the sexy accent! Fish and Chips!

Not boring in the least, IMHO.

jojochan...the fellow yank.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

nah dont think so...dont really know really...they could be..or they might not be...difficult to tell...maybe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit