are British people boring?

by Ellie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've just read a news article that stated that in a recent international survey, Britain was voted the best country in the world, but the British people the most boring.

I do wonder what people think of us Brits, they seem to have some wild idea that we all drink tea and play cricket, they seem quite unaware of the loutish behaviour that many of us are embaressed about.

What do you think?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I worked for a UK company here in Colorado. My experience with them was that they were a little arrogant. Not keen on change. Overall very nice people though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not in my opinion. I'm a closet Angophile and hope to marry an English man in my next life.

Josie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not at all. I find the British to be anything but boring.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Better boring than crazy.

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Boring ??? Us ?? We're all mad as march hairs !

Although we do our stiff upper lip and tea drinking britishness I think it's nicer to be called boring than lager louts - obviously people in the spanish and greek touristy areas didn't do the survey - thank god !

I'm not sure about the arrogant thing though? I think all countries have an air of arrogance about them - or am i wrong?

Where was this survey? I could do with a laugh

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My impression was always of prim, proper and stuffy people, very huffy if everyone does not behave with impeccable manners, and, lol, take tea in the afternoon! But, I haven't spent a lot of time in England, and most people who have these general impressions haven't either. I vote we all jet to the UK and get to know the people! When my husband and i took a BA flight to London Gatwick, the flight attendants pushed a cart down the aisle, calling out "Hawt tea! Hawt tea!" We thought they said, "hottie! hottie!" When we figured it out, we asked if they had any coffee. Flight attendant:"You want coffee, nawt tea, then? Ahh you Amereecans, then?" It was great fun!

Virgochik, of the "Willing to accept a British Airways ticket class"

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

I don't think Brits are boring. That is stereotyping.

Some Brits may be boring but there are many people in the world who may appear to be boring because they can't do certain things or don't even try at all.

There are many "boring" people in the world and they are ofcourse from various continents.

However, Americans seem to liven up the world huh? Unfortunately Americans have the opinion that they are the best in the world somehow or the other. While many cultures are becoming more Americanised. It's sad sad sad.

BlessedStar

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Why wait for your next life mrsjones?

lol

• Clam
    Clam

I saw that survey and it had a lot to say about other nationalities too! Believe me, "boring" is one of the better ones.LOL.

I hate generalisations. It's a well worn cliche but there's good and bad in all. I also dont really understand what "boring" is. If you're really into scuba diving for instance and you met a guy in a bar who wasn't, you may bore him with your enthusiasm. Doesn't mean your'e boring.

That something is "boring" is so subjective it has little credibility in a scientific survey, IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit