are British people boring?

by Ellie 53 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

no. not boring at all. certainly not american, but not boring.

i kinda think canadians are borning, in general.

ts

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Ibiza

LOL. awesome....

• slugga
    slugga
    I will always be Scottish first, still have my accent, (we never lose it usually..........did you Slugga?) - So there!

Yep mines still there but mellowed a lot so that the locals can understand me

best wishes from D (still knows how to give a "Glesga kiss". Oh Slugga, SLUGGA, pucker up big boy)

Chucks on the bucket and gives deekis one back... and who told you I was a "big boy"

Talking about my accent though, I once went off to Florida with a brother for three weeks. We went out on fs there and it was a disaster. He was from Essex but everyone thought he was an Aussie and NO ONE, NO ONE at all understood a word I was saying, i was like the most useless Dub on gods earth for those three weeks. I put my hand up at a meeting once and gave an answer that no one understood and the elder stood there gob smacked trying to translate what I'd said before saying something like "Oh ok"

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I think NOT! Some classic Brit authors of classic novels that are read and praised all over the world. I think Brits as a whole just pretend to be stuffy and boring....it's all "tongue-in-cheek"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit