by unclebruce 58 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

In the beggining the world was toast:

The tao that can be described
    is not the eternal Tao.
    The name that can be spoken
    is not the eternal Name.

The nameless is the boundary of Heaven and Earth.
    The named is the mother of creation.

Freed from desire, you can see the hidden mystery.
    By having desire, you can only see what is visibly real.

Yet mystery and reality
    emerge from the same source.
    This source is called darkness.

Darkness born from darkness.
    The beginning of all understanding.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Now now slugga, come be a christian with me we get lots of superpowers and Jesus said we can start our own sect - make lots a CA$H!

I talk new tongue and you can be in charge of cast'n out demons and massag'n fallen angels.

I can handle the snakes and scorpions too (nuth'n compared to goannas and widow makers) but I don't do trouser snakes! ...maybe JB could beat them for us?

pissoff people.. christian comm'n through! .... SUPERUNC

• slugga
    slugga
    Now now slugga, come be a christian with me we get lots of superpowers and Jesus said we can start our own sect - make lots a CA$H!

Nooooooooo, I'm a fully fle dged Brainwashed dub (I can't even pick up a memorial cross and put it back in its place without stopping to think about it first) I can't be a part of Babylon the great with all that riding whores business lol

Eh Think I might have got that scripture a bit mixed up.

Do we get to do that loaves and fishes thing with doughnuts? I'll join if we can.

I talk new tongue and you can be in charge of cast'n out demons and massag'n fallen angels.

ok only if you promise me fallen Angels are pretty and don't have hairy butts

I can handle the snakes and scorpions too (nuth'n compared to goannas and widow makers) but I don't do trouser snakes! ...maybe JB could beat them for us?

Its spelt "Gonads" and Yeah well you can keep yer gonads to yourself lol

DO WE GET TO WEAR HATS WITH CORKS ON THOUGH?

Anyway "Brother" back to more spiritual matters () I reckon FS with you would have been a laugh, shame I didn't know you back then. (Not that I would have gone all the way to bloody Oz just to do bloody FS anyway

lol

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Yet mystery and reality

emerge from the same source.

This source is called darkness.

The beginning of all understanding.

Good Luck!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ah I see Top Hat is still afraid of the dark

• skyman
    skyman

The Bible tells us that a true Christian is a snake handling, scorpion treading, fig withering, disease curing, mountain moving, poison drinking, God commanding, family hating, woman shushing, sex abstaining and morally perfect as God.

One big problem with your theory The original manuscripts did not say anything about surviving poisons and snake bites this verse and may others were added later by someone wanting to change the text,

Don't believe me do your research. By the way only 18% of the gospels about Jesus does not have serious misrepresentations of His life and ministry of Jesus. So 82% of the scriptures are in serious dispute the life of Jesus that is found within your bible today is in doubt by critical analysis.

• wombat
    wombat

unculebruce....Toward the beginning of this post you made a most disparaging reference towards wombats. I expect an unequivical withdrawal and apology. We are a protected species.

(Love your contribution).

• skyman
    skyman

But religion ultimately does not rest on scientific evidence, but on mystical experiences. There are many different ways of looking at truth. A true believer only need faith and not proof.

So many people if they truly would look at the evidence they would find, yes a man, that later became known as our Christ did exist but not even close to the man he really was. Faith is blind and so is the mind of the believer. The Jesus we know is an invention of four different sects that arose after his death. The four different philosophy's changed text to support their own version of Jesus. Remember at Jesus time less than 5% of the population could read and write. Within that 5% most could just barely read by today's standards and be considered illiterate only able too write their name little else.

It is no wonder that the bible is so messed up. Yet the writing and rewriting went on by the uneducated public until Constantine. That is when educated scribes took over from fifteen decades of copies, that were recopied, that were recopied, over and over, long before Constantine's four different Christian sects coped the text to prove their points. Then the Roman Church did the same. We have know Idea what Jesus said or did.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    So 82% of the scriptures are in serious dispute the life of Jesus that is found within your bible today is in doubt by critical analysis

I agree skyman. I've posted quite a bit in the past about the origins of christianity.

My main point here is that none of that matters.. Jesus the man is so shrouded in the mists of myth and legend that I can make my Jesus whatever I want.

If we're talking hard historical research though. There was much more going on here than the simple bible story. Paul was very quick to capitalise on the death of his opponant. When accused by those who knew Jesus personally he admitted that he was only interested in Jesus Christ the risen (who he was able to craft to fit his own agenda). Romans 8? So Jesus work with the zealots and other fighters against Rome is hidden and lost to the world at large whereas the Paulian lie of a Ghandi like Jesus lives on.

• TopHat
    TopHat

unclebruse...do you always sit around in the dark and think for other people? Look on the bright side, and think positive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit