I think many of you will return to the religion one day

by free2beme 98 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

in my exp if a person leaves for Dogma reason- they are less likely to return , but for one who leaves due to fallout with indiviual, pub, elders, other memebers or one is DFed for various sexuall issues, the fellings of that THEY did wrong are more likely to return in my exp.

it just depend on Why folks stop in the first place

dogma or personlity issues or dfing

i left strictly due to dogmas,

i was well treated,loved, respected and at the top of the wt power ladder as it were- as stated once you find out santa ain't real it is hard to go back to believing

• AlanF
    AlanF

As usual, JT, you hit the nail on the head.

AlanF

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Well said JT.

I will never return because of the dogma reasons you stated. You just can't go back after that.

• evita
    evita

I have been out for over 20 years. My mom died in 2004 and she was my last tie to the JW's. I will never go back.
    Eva

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Well yes in theory, but I really doubt it, and really hope not - in the same way that I hope I don't yearn to breed. Don't want children now; hope I keep not wanting them.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I like your point JT. I think it is important to realize that not everyone left for the same reason and that means there is degrees of seperation that might change in time. I bought a truck from a former Witness the other day and even though he had been out for years he stated, "I still believe, I just don't have the patients or time for it right now."

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>even though he had been out for years he stated, "I still believe, I just don't have the patients or time for it right now."

Those are the ones I pity the most and want to reach out to. Finding them is virtually impossible, but they should be our primary targets. They are the ones that are truly leading no life at all. Trapped in the dogma, and don't even have the false support structure of the "Friends". What a horrible existence.

I was thinking yesterday how JW's are like cheap insurance. As long as you don't need to actually call on it, you have a sense of protection and security. If you never make a claim, you may well pay your premiums and go to your grave feeling like you were covered. But if one day you actually need the brotherly love and you find that it's not there, you realize you've been pouring your premiums down the drain all this time.

Primary false analogy -- they aren't cheap. They have some of the highest premiums in the business. :-(

Dave of the "ain't NEVER goin' back" class

• d
    d

No not for me I will never return.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wonder how many of the posters from 6 years ago are still out?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'd say that that could be true, that one could go back. But, not for me. I "see" the cult and cult mechanics at work in the Watchtower Society. Plus, having studied world history, I have moved far beyond the WTS flawed arguments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit