I think many of you will return to the religion one day

by free2beme 98 Replies latest jw friends

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

My 80 year old father was reinstated when he discovered he had lung cancer. My oldest brother went back because he does not like being shunned, he does not follow any of their rules, does what he wants. When I discovered I

had a brain aneurysm, it never entered my mind to return to the organizaion or even to contact them. I recieved the last rites by a Catholic priest and put my life in the hands of the doctors. If that did not cause me to return to

the organization, nothing will. I even told my df'd brother that if our jw sisters wanted to have a relationship with me, I am not sure I would want one; after thirty years, I don't even know them anymore. I made a life for

myself and could never go back. I don't believe anything they teach or say.

• wasblind
    wasblind

sd-7, you are a true prophet

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I've been out for 40 years.....I think I'm good.

Why would anyone want to return to a dying religion? It doesn't even have any longer the appeal that it did in its hey-day - the 50s.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Some do. The co-dependent relationship angle has been thoroughly discussed here so I'll not comment on that.

I'm never going back. I can't believe those fuckers that lead the WT lied to me about SOOOOOO MANY THINGS!

If I ever got the chance, I'd bitch slap everyone of them. They are the biggest hypocrites I've ever known of in my entire life. I believed them and they were unworthy of my trust and obedience.

I have lots of doubts now about a lot of things, but when I'm feeling that there might still be a God it's mostly just with the thought in mind that he'll see to it that the leaders of the WTBTS get everything they deserve!

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Why would anyone want to return to a dying religion? It doesn't even have any longer the appeal that it did in its hey-day - the 50s.

Well, let's be fair. This thread was originally started in 2006 - since then, new light has been shed on the matter. It turns out the WT is a bigger turd than we all previously thought.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Flat_Accent: Well, let's be fair. This thread was originally started in 2006 - since then, new light has been shed on the matter. It turns out the WT is a bigger turd than we all previously thought.

In fact, it's an OVERLAPPING TURD:

Overlapping Turd

• Flat_Accent
  • blond-moment
    blond-moment

What is there to go back to? NOTHING! If I am going to live a lie, it's going to be a hell of a lot better than the WT.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I wouldn't go back for anything. The WTS has nothing to offer me but misery and self loathing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit